How can I save a camera roll / saved images to a user defined folder using windows phone app for desktop?

dannyn81

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Saving camera roll / saved images to a user defined folder using "windows phone app for desktop"

Can anyone tell me how to save camera roll / saved images from a windows phone 8.1 version to a windows 8 pc with windows phone app for desktop to a user defined folder? Already on the desktop app "save camera roll and videos" is ticked and the app saves them to an app generated folder. How can i define or point out my own folder so the images/videos get stored automatically to the particular folder?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Saving camera roll / saved images to a user defined folder using "windows phone app for desktop"

Can anyone tell me how to save camera roll / saved images from a windows phone 8.1 version to a windows 8 pc with windows phone app for desktop to a user defined folder? Already on the desktop app "save camera roll and videos" is ticked and the app saves them to an app generated folder. How can i define or point out my own folder so the images/videos get stored automatically to the particular folder?
My suggestion as below, take folder backups before deleting anything. This was done on a machine running W7.
On your PC, create a folder wherever you want. Right click on this folder and click 'Include In Library' > Create New library. Now go to Libraries, you will see this new folder linked there as a library. Right click on this new folder and under properties, select 'Optimize this library for -> Pictures'.
Copy all content from 'Pictures' library to this new folder you have created and then delete Pictures from libraries. Now go back to WP app and connect your phone and sync. This will save your pics in your desired folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss