Driving Mode Without Bluetooth

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It kind of irritates me that driving mode doesn't work unless connected to a Bluetooth device.
I think there should be a couple extra options.

Of course, manual turning on is appropriate.
I think another logical option would be bad on speed.
If my phone is traveling at 45 miles per hour, I am likely in the car.
It shouldn't be forced, but the options make sense.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It kind of irritates me that driving mode doesn't work unless connected to a Bluetooth device.
I think there should be a couple extra options.

Of course, manual turning on is appropriate.
It shouldn't be forced, but the options make sense.
I agree, after updating to WP8.1 my hands free car kit no longer works properly so I returned it for a refund. Would be nice to have the option to enable Driving Mode without the need for a Bluetooth device connected.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One could also be a passenger in a car, bus or train. Passengers might welcome things that would be considered distractions to drivers. I know I like to use my device on public transit.

Scott Leonard

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Driving mode does two things on Windows. In Driving mode you can have the phone ignore incoming calls and/or ignore incoming texts. Since I have a Bluetooth handsfree in the car and Windows does text-to-speech and vice versa I continue taking both. Therefore Driving mode does nothing for me.

If you don't have the handsfree it's a lot more useful but apparently doesn't work without one. Go figure?

I first saw, heard about driving mode at HTC while looking up my One M8. The HTC site showed a One M8 that switches to big icons in driving mode and I was disappointed that I didn't get big tiles on the start screen. That's when I realized the picture was of the android version :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos