So I took some pics with friends, and when I went back to look at them the pictures were "animated", like short 2-3 second videos. I then looked at some older photos and they were the same, although when I looked at them in the past they were just stills. Then it stopped and they all became regular stills again. Any idea how that happened? Can I make it happen again? It was pretty cool. Maybe it's some feature I'm unaware of.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-05-2014 04:41 PM
    That's called "Living Images". Go to your settings on Lumia Camera to see.
    ven07 likes this.
    12-05-2014 04:50 PM
    What you witnessed was Living Images or you accidentally used the Cinemagraph app.. Which phone?
    12-05-2014 04:51 PM
    HeeHee... Those Living Images can really startle you the first couple of times you notice them.
    12-05-2014 05:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It's a 1520. I knew of Living Images but never really knew what it was, I guess I found out.

My friends got a big kick out of it, but while we were looking through the pics the "Living" part stopped working. I felt like a bit of an eejit because I didn't know how to turn it back on.

So how do I turn it on, or view them that way? I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything to do with Cinemagraph, I've used that before. Living Images is turned on in the camera settings, I just don't know how to view them that way. I've fooled around with the camera roll several times, but no cigar.
    12-05-2014 05:30 PM
    simply open the photos from the camera roll that cames with lumia camera. Not the main camera roll from wp.

In other words, open Lumia camera and view the photos from there ;). ( it would be nice to be able to make it the main camera roll and pin it to the start screen....)

also make sure in settings that "capture Living Images is turned on", and that the "play living images" square is checked.
    ven07 and jsooney like this.
    12-05-2014 05:46 PM
    Hey thanks galbenush, that worked. I thought I tried that but I think it must have been in the other camera app. It would be cool if you could export them as GIFs like with Cinegraph so you could send them to people. It's a nice feature though.
    12-05-2014 06:11 PM
    yes...all you can do now is get the lumia storyteller app and make a nice vid with those photos. (you can share that vid on Fb etc.)
    12-05-2014 06:44 PM
    Make sure to use "Storyteller". It combines all of Lumias features like Living images, cinemagraphs in that app. It really brings your photos and others to life, especially with Storytellers specific features.
    12-05-2014 07:48 PM
    You can get the Living Images to play as mp4 video on your computer...

First, there needs to be motion of some kind. Either a moving object in the shot or just wobbling the camera will do it.

Plug into the USB and use File Browser to navigate to your Camera Roll. Look for the pic by day and time... The format on file names is WP_yyyymmdd_hh_mm_ss. Find the file that ends in mp4.thm and copy that to your compute.

Right click on the file and select properties. edit off the .thm so the file extension reads .mp4 and ends there. Close properties by clicking the OK button. That Living Image is now an mp4 that will play in your favorite video player.
    ven07 and jsooney like this.
    12-05-2014 08:31 PM