Anyone else facing this problem?... [Dev prev users]

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed the latest os update for the dev prev users yesterday. Now 'cellular data' toggle is in my action centre. But I'm noticing that every now & then the cellular data is getting automatically turned on and then I have to turn it off manually.
Anyone else facing this problem?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have been getting the same.. Mostly when I'm downloading, so I'm currently wondering if my phone switches to using data without me knowing or if this is just a bug

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, but after playing with the phone the whole day, I noticed that the phone jumps to data as soon as my wifi signal is too weak to load a page or a game etc.. If that's the case then this is good and bad. Good, because the phone makes sure that im connected even if my Wifi signal is weak, but this is bad, because if I just want to use Wifi to save my data, the phone won't know that and will require me to check every time

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am ok with all that mess. But the wifi toggle implementation is so bad. Are they ever going to change that?

Lol yea it really is a "hit or miss" situation with that one.. Works well sometimes and other times just directs you to the wifi settings. It's like playing Russian roulette :p

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, but after playing with the phone the whole day, I noticed that the phone jumps to data as soon as my wifi signal is too weak to load a page or a game etc.. If that's the case then this is good and bad. Good, because the phone makes sure that im connected even if my Wifi signal is weak, but this is bad, because if I just want to use Wifi to save my data, the phone won't know that and will require me to check every time

If that's really the case then thats totally bad news for me! I rarely use my cellular data and if the cellular data is used without letting me know I will be out of credit soon! PAYG rates are quite high. There should be an option to turn on/off this feature.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If that's really the case then thats totally bad news for me! I rarely use my cellular data and if the cellular data is used without letting me know I will be out of credit soon! PAYG rates are quite high. There should be an option to turn on/off this feature.

I could be wrong tho lol, it was still odd to see it jump on automatically every time I was to far away from my router

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So your phone is trying to stay collected, might be doing something needing internet, like downloading an update, and when Wi-Fi gets low, it turns to carrier data and turns it on.

Sounds like a bug to me that they didn't expect, see about getting in touch with Microsoft to let them know, though they have been known to read these forums.

Good luck!

Squeegies

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
that's a bug. it appears sometimes that it's on but not really..
you have to tap it twice to disappear. the first tap, allows the data transfer on, 2nd tap turns it off.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It's not a bug, it's a feature and it can be turned off. Go to settings, mobile network & simcard, and you see the option to use mobile date when wifi is low. Turn it off and you're safe from unexpected costs. Downside of turning it off could be that notifications can be delayed.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not a bug, it's a feature and it can be turned off. Go to settings, mobile network & simcard, and you see the option to use mobile date when wifi is low. Turn it off and you're safe from unexpected costs. Downside of turning it off could be that notifications can be delayed.

Where is that? Can you post a snap?

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
sorry it took some time, i set my Phone to english to make the screenshots.
Go to settings, select cellular + sim. There you see the option for limited wifi connectivity, turn cellular data off and it stops using mobile data.
settings.jpgsettings2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)