Are there any Windows Phones 8.1 that doesn't do resuming... very much?

photographerdan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I suspect there is a poorly written app that you're using which might be causing your troubles. The 920 works great with 8.1+Cyan, still pretty speedy. Rarely lags. I recently upgraded to the 1020 which uses the same chipset but has twice the ram and it too works really well.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
After the latest update I noticed my 822 was resuming quite a bit, something which had never done before. I'm thinking, "oh boy, here we go" :grin: It turned out the update had pinned Cortana to my start screen which seems to be a common cause (plus I don't use it anyway) so I unpinned Cortana and performed a soft rest and the phone came back to it's previous level of performance. Maybe Cyan would help, but being a Verizon customer, I'll never find out... :grin:

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm this close to hard resetting my Lumia 1520.

Resuming annoys the hell out of me!

Also the MSN Health App for tracking steps is a pain. It is super slow to load.

I think this is a problem that some people have overcome with hard resetting their phones

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I see this all the time on Lumia 928 with latest updates. It's extremely annoying and going to push me away from windows phone. I absolutely love the design and the live tiles, but is it worth all the frustrations from the OS? Any time I've used the latest iPhone, everything seems to work seamlessly and smooth. Can't say I ever had that on my 928.

Also, for those debating the hard reset. I've done it and it didn't help whatsoever.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem w 1020. I even did hard reset but after few days back to Resuming ....

Need a flagship w real hardware specs as the myth of Windows phone not needing fast processor, RAM etc is being exposed

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I see this all the time on Lumia 928 with latest updates. It's extremely annoying and going to push me away from windows phone. I absolutely love the design and the live tiles, but is it worth all the frustrations from the OS? Any time I've used the latest iPhone, everything seems to work seamlessly and smooth. Can't say I ever had that on my 928.

Also, for those debating the hard reset. I've done it and it didn't help whatsoever.

Just a couple of points - I suspect that you are running Preview software so you need to recognize that when comparing to another OS.

Also with regards to a hard reset - did you restore from a backup or perform a completely clean install of all your apps?

dezzilakk

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Just a couple of points - I suspect that you are running Preview software so you need to recognize that when comparing to another OS.

Also with regards to a hard reset - did you restore from a backup or perform a completely clean install of all your apps?

Cyan wasn't much better than Cyan + DP.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with my 1520 to see what the big deal is with the so-called delay problem. The only time I see any resuming message is when resuming a large app/game and then only when that app/game gets regular data updates or uses a sensor such as GPS.

I think that this is by design. These apps, when pushed to the background or when the phone locks, suspend their activity. When the app is brought to the front or the phone is unlocked, the app has to reinitialize the sensor or reestablish a data connection.

If the OS and/or app didn't suspend background activity then you all would be complaining about horrible battery life.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has got quite sluggish recently - it looks like it is paging memory even when going back to the home screen at times - the tiles appear and then a while later the icons draw in.

Never used to do that. This appeared about two DP release ago and has got worse.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
My old 920 was really annoying me with this, it was constant. Getting and M8 fixed it. The awful podcast app still hangs a little but without the resuming message. FYI in the WPC 830 review you see it too and thats out of the box so hardware does make a difference. I do feel that better app optimization would make the world of difference but MS doesn't do much of that let alone anyone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb