Pop3 Meltdown (Again)

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a number of email accounts running on my 1520, using the latest Developers Preview, which include 2 chronically cranky Verizon pop3 accounts. My main home Verizon account no longer can catch up in it's syncing and I've started getting "can't send" error messages as well. Funny thing is that the other, less high-volume Verizon account, while imperfect, is still working reasonably well. Both Verizon accounts function better still on my Blackberry Passport. My work Exchange account and my outlook.com account remain rick-solid on both the Passport and the 1520. The 1520 also truncates Verizon messages and images and attachments take forever, if ever, to download.

I've used the main Verizon account for decades but it's become intolerably balmy so I'm beginning to move all my legacy subscriptions and contacts over to Imap outlook.com. But I hate to just walk away from my old address. I have fiddled with the server settings to a fare-the-well and even gone the factory reset and restore route but Verizon service continues to degrade. I know this has arisen and periodically generated threads, but this is a new level of inoperability. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Verizon, but I have Time-Warner as my ISP. I don't use the email account from Time-Warner for anything important, not even to pay my Time-Warner bill, since I don't like outdated POP3.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No Verizon does not offer Imap. And it occurs to me that all this endless, fruitless syncing is, in addition to being frustrating, is also putting a drain on the battery and on system resources. I will likely delete them and move on.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
No Verizon does not offer Imap. And it occurs to me that all this endless, fruitless syncing is, in addition to being frustrating, is also putting a drain on the battery and on system resources. I will likely delete them and move on.
Why not just forward them and delete all to the Outlook account??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb