Windows Phone 8.1 App store search garbage?

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
After holding out for quite some time, I finally upgraded my Lumia 900 to an 830 this weekend since Fry's had the 830/Fitbit bundle on sale for FREE with a 2yr renewal. Anyhow, I'm finding the search in the app store to be absolute junk. Many many times I'll search for something and it will tell me it finds nothing but I can go to windowsphone.com and run a search there and find the app. Also sometimes if the app name has multiple parts to it if I just put part one word of the name it tells me nothing exists but if I write the full name it finds it. I've also had it go the other way where if I put the full name it finds nothing but a partial name works. Other times no way of writing the name works and I have to find another app by the developer and then use the find other apps from this developer to find what I'm looking for.

Anybody else having issues with the 8.1 app store or am I just special?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not really much to do with the store itself, it's how MS indexes them that makes searching the store suck. The thing, though, is that this change can all happen on the back-end, which is why sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't. I've only experienced what you're describing 2 or 3 times, but the majority of my issues stem from not being able to find an app within 24 hours after it's release.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
happens to me. Sometimes i have to visit windowsphone.com too to download certain apps, or run a QR scan to get them. Maybe they need to make the search more precise

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't that bad previously. I think something happened in MS's server. I was facing the same problem just now, even with ever popular apps such as Whatsapp and Asphalt 8.

So, what I did was by using IE, and type "WP Whatsapp" and open the wpstore link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos