12-14-2014 04:59 PM
180 12345 ...
tools
    At least i have all the apps i need, and the most important thing for me is the WP UI which is never boring like iOS which i also think its of top quality. To date most people who keep complaining about windows phone have only one reason, and its the app gap. If you have a mercedes benz and you start focusing on it cons, you'll never see it as a perfect car for you, and of course nothing is. But this doesnt mean that it is not one of the best cars, at least for others. Some will love BMW and others Porsche etc. It is the same with mobile OS, its down to personal preferences.
    I have used android and blackberry before WP. My sister and brother have iphones and ipads, so i got a chance to play with them. I think iOS is very good BUT boring after only a few hours. Android is also good but again the UI isnt pleasing enough for me. I enjoy my windows phone a lot, cant stop staring at the live tiles, simple and fluid, affordable. I know its not perfect but one thing that never bothered me its the app gap. I have all the apps i need, news apps, social, sports, weather, games etc. Thanks candy crash saga is here but i used sweet crush before its arrival.

Despite loving WP this much, i will never try to spread and exaggerating the bad side of Android and iOS just because i dont use or like them. I will just try to spread the good side as well as the cons someone will face if he joined WP. So people stop exaggerating the deficiencies within the windows phone OS
    12-12-2014 01:09 AM
    I actually do not have any problem with Windows Phone when it comes to apps... WP has all the basic apps that I need - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Viber, WeChat, Vine etc. Actually, most of the people here (Philippines) are not using a ton of apps... What we use the most are just the basic apps... Snapchat is not even popular here.

I think this app problem that Tom Warren is saying is only applicable to first world countries... Countries wherein WP is not that popular... So I think Microsoft should not worry about it too much.
    adkrish22290 likes this.
    12-12-2014 02:06 AM
    But still, there is no denying on the fact that Microsoft has been so SLOWWWWW when it comes to Windows Phone.
    12-12-2014 02:16 AM
    What about the hardware? I think Microsoft is also lacking features on their release. I think they should start adding features like:

-Fingerprint scanner for faster access.
    -Onboard DAC/headphone Amp, who doesn't want better sounding phone?
    - two front facing speakers.
    -waterproofing

In my personal understanding, Microsoft really lacks on listening to their own consumers, they are more focused on future products instead of balancing their attention in present and future products, look at their latest phone releases, it really sucks. They have a lot of past research that are left behind and forgotten, what a waste of time and money. In years of using windows phone, I actually haven't seen any perfected phone yet, so disappointing.
    12-12-2014 02:38 AM
    What about the hardware? I think Microsoft is also lacking features on their release. I think they should start adding features like:

-Fingerprint scanner for faster access.
    -Onboard DAC/headphone Amp, who doesn't want better sounding phone?
    - two front facing speakers.
    -waterproofing

In my personal understanding, Microsoft really lacks on listening to their own consumers, they are more focused on future products instead of balancing their attention in present and future products, look at their latest phone releases, it really sucks. They have a lot of past research that are left behind and forgotten, what a waste of time and money. In years of using windows phone, I actually haven't seen any perfected phone yet, so disappointing.
    How about glance, clear black, pureview,...? Their latest phone releases are all low end. What would you expect?
    If they release a phone with all the features possible then the price would be insane. By then, may I ask you to support MS buy buying such device? No, because there is a good chance that you will be among the very first people to whine about the price.
    12-12-2014 02:48 AM
    How about glance, clear black, pureview,...? Their latest phone releases are all low end. What would you expect?
    If they release a phone with all the features possible then the price would be insane. By then, may I ask you to support MS buy buying such device? No, because there is a good chance that you will be among the very first people to whine about the price.
    Whining about the price? I have 1020, so big NO. I don't really care spending a 1000 or 2000 dollar on windows phone phone as long as I get what I really payed for.
    12-12-2014 03:03 AM
    I sadly agree with him. I've been looking at the iPhone 6 lately too. I still have hopes for Windows 10 but it is a little annoying sometimes.

It's always a matter of "Will this app be available for my phone?" and 8/10 times it's not or they are but lacking behind in updates (including MS apps).

I'm also afraid that the "Windows 10 will be available for all platforms" could mean the end of Windows Phone in the long term. Because they'll only be creating one version of Windows. Therefore if the phone's popularity dies away, they're not losing as much as if they were making two seperate OS's.

Anyhow, it's sad but I'm also growing tired of the frustrations we have to endure. We always have to lower our expectations.
    12-12-2014 05:24 AM
    Just made the switch to Android myself. Went for the Xperia Z3 first. Lovely looking phone, feature rich and generally a great performer but I struggled with the camera (plus a couple of other gripes) so sent it back. Decided on the Note 4 next and wow, what a phone. Camera quality seems great too.

I will miss WP and I might return one day but the app situation needs to improve. I would also like to see other features such as USB-OTG implemented, especially on devices without expandable memory. Will definitely miss the camera on the 1020 and it will be interesting to see what MS do to follow it up.

Edit: My 1000th post! Woohoo! :)
    12-12-2014 05:30 AM
    I sadly agree with him. I've been looking at the iPhone 6 lately too. I still have hopes for Windows 10 but it is a little annoying sometimes.

It's always a matter of "Will this app be available for my phone?" and 8/10 times it's not or they are but lacking behind in updates (including MS apps).

I'm also afraid that the "Windows 10 will be available for all platforms" could mean the end of Windows Phone in the long term. Because they'll only be creating one version of Windows. Therefore if the phone's popularity dies away, they're not losing as much as if they were making two seperate OS's.

Anyhow, it's sad but I'm also growing tired of the frustrations we have to endure. We always have to lower our expectations.
    ....then you have to lower your expectations with the iphone 6 too.
    12-12-2014 05:51 AM
    Good god... how many freaking apps does a person need?? People need an app to flush their ****ter...and if the official app is not available on WP, than it's a no go! I've been using WP since WP7 was released, and I've never had more than a handful of apps on my phone... a weather app, news, mint, a couple others, and that's it. I'm so sick of hearing about apps. Use the damn mobile website instead! 99% of the time it's a better experience than an app anyway.
    I will tell you the single most important feature a website cannot do, but an app can: NOTIFICATIONS.
    cbobb123 and AverageWPUser like this.
    12-12-2014 06:58 AM

Windows 10 can't be the same for everyone, they'll still be coded differently for the different type of hardware available.

Windows RT and Windows Phone will probably be merged however the regular Windows will still be very different, and it is also likely that they classify Windows 10 for PC and Windows 10 for Phones differently to avoid confusion.

Microsoft's approach has been to get apps that work across all their platforms and achieve cohesiveness so that people become used to their products.

Their approach has worked and the Windows Store has gained a lot of quality applications, the same can't be said for the Windows Phone Store which has often been ignored.
    12-12-2014 07:27 AM
    ....then you have to lower your expectations with the iphone 6 too.
    Why? From my past experience with iOS, most apps are on there first and the phone works perfectly well.

That's what I'm referring to when I talk about expectations: apps. The rest I can't complain about Windows Phone which is why I bought a new one merely 4 months ago even though I've used all the other major platforms (iOS, Android and even BlackBerry). The OS I prefer is Windows Phone.

But when it comes to apps, most of the time we have to expect to not have them or not have them updated.

Unless you're talking about something else?
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    12-12-2014 07:42 AM
    Why do people care if other people use the phone OS they do?
    sleeve22 likes this.
    12-12-2014 07:57 AM
    The only thing that's sad but true is all the crying and ******** going on in this forum. If you're unhappy with Windows Phone just move and do your crying and ******** in your iOS or Android forum.
    12-12-2014 08:09 AM

1. Releasing apps for all their services on iOS and Android
    This is good business sense, have your product EVERYWHERE, that way there is no possible way to miss potential customers.
    [
    I agree that having your services everywhere is good business, however it is good for the services themselves.

What I mean by that is that if Microsoft continues to release applications like this the two possible outcomes will be this:

More people will use the services and become tied with the platform.

It will provide an easier transition for those that want to go to another OS from Windows Phone and not lose any of the apps.

In barely any cases I can see the growth of Windows Phone because of cross platform services, it may ultimately lead to the downfall of Windows Phone.

Here is a review on the MSN News app on the Play Store which may put into perspective what I am trying to say:

1418393575898.jpg

By the way that was the most "helpful" review of the app, meaning that people up voted it and share similar thoughts to him.

What I am trying to say is that Microsoft creating better versions of its apps on other platforms may very well lead to the death of it's own platform.
    steve_w_7 likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:15 AM
    The only thing that's sad but true is all the crying and ******** going on in this forum. If you're unhappy with Windows Phone just move and do your crying and ******** in your iOS or Android forum.
    Yeah you're right. These forums are solely for praise. Never mind that Microsoft actually says they adjust their products according to the feedback given. If one is not in awe of Windows Phone, then that person shall be crucified!
    12-12-2014 08:15 AM
    I will continue to use WP unless MS discontinues it. iOS and Android are not what I want in a smartphone and for my personal user experience. WP is the sweet spot.
    12-12-2014 08:21 AM
    Feedback is one thing. Crying and ******** is something else. Move on or STFU!!
    portalfocus and squire777 like this.
    12-12-2014 08:26 AM
    Feedback is one thing. Crying and ******** is something else. Move on or STFU!!
    Crying is one way of feedback. Represents what sucks. Denial is something else. Haha
    12-12-2014 08:34 AM
    lol apps on windows ARE worse than using the web browser.
    This is the lamest argument I see all WP user use to validate their WP purchase.
    My bank app lets me deposit checks using the camera. My bank doesn't have an app on WP and point blank told me, "Not Interested in Developing for WP platform."
    The reason you have 5 apps is because you don't have any to start with.
    I am pretty minimal when it comes to apps, I don't use fart apps or ignorant crap like that, but I still have around 25 apps installed on my iPhone 6+ and Note 4. My WP collects dust and thats about all its good for.

And then there is this other thing where WP users say there is other apps that do kind of the same thing. just use it....
    WP will go nowhere without Official name brand apps. it will stay at its current 1% market share and go no further.
    Wrong. I have 5 apps because I see no point in apps. I also have a Nexus 7 (2nd gen) and have probably the same # of apps. Apps are overrated, sorry. They are a fad. The real killer app is the OS itself and how it performs. THAT is why I chose WP.
    12-12-2014 08:37 AM
    These forums are nothing but wannabe like WP fanatic community without any objectivity. Since when things grew better on low expectations and only on nice and kind feedback.
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:37 AM
    Wrong. I have 5 apps because I see no point in apps. I also have a Nexus 7 (2nd gen) and have probably the same # of apps. Apps are overrated, sorry. They are a fad. The real killer app is the OS itself and how it performs. THAT is why I chose WP.
    I have around 100 apps on my WP, all useful at some point. However "Big name" company apps sucks all the way compared to other OSs. That's what it needs to be fixed.
    12-12-2014 08:40 AM
    Crying is one way of feedback. Represents what sucks. Denial is something else. Haha
    Who's in denial? I have my issues with Windows Phone too, but I take my "Feedback" to the uservoice site to make MS aware of them. I don't come to this site and cry and moan about it. And I certinally go come the to talk about how I'm switching to iOS or Android becuase Windows Phone dosen't have this app to that. No, crying is just crying. Go cry more some where else.
    12-12-2014 08:42 AM
    Who's in denial? I have my issues with Windows Phone too, but I take my "Feedback" to the uservoice site to make MS aware of them. I don't come to this site and cry and moan about it. And I certinally go come the to talk about how I'm switching to iOS or Android becuase Windows Phone dosen't have this app to that. No, crying is just crying. Go cry more some where else.
    It was meant for everyone not pointing at you here. Anyways MS is supposedly reading WC forums, I don't know if everyone knows that, but okay. About uservoice, it would be nice if there was some feedback from MS too. That they are looking into it or whatever. Probably only suggestions with thousands of votes gets looked at .. Leaving small issues like my country's keyboard which doesn't show the right letters lol.. Ah
    dlalonde likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:50 AM
    Yup! So uservoice = complaints, WC Forums = Praises and fanboy-ism?

Or, and this is just a suggestion, maybe just not read every bloody post that you don't like or disagree with and let everyone talk about what they want and let mods determine whether it's appropriate or not?
    theefman, tissotti and Silence#WP like this.
    12-12-2014 08:56 AM
180 12345 ...