12-14-2014 04:59 PM
180 ... 45678
tools
    Im getting very close to moving on... Im very tired of this waiting... I only have had the first Galaxy for couple of months and hate Google's leaching of data... I guess the iPhone 6+ could be a good replacement for the 1520? But damn, that phone costs like 1000, thats pretty insane.
    I highly recommend it, iOS is an amazing OS. That's what I did I got tired of my Lumia 920 got an iPhone 5 then upgraded to the 5s when it came out but I got bored of that too so now I'm back on Windows Phone after two years of being gone and I'm gonna say I love what they've done to it! :)
    David Van Ryn, dlalonde and a5cent like this.
    12-13-2014 01:52 AM
    People don't understand that Microsoft has always been like Google. They spread their apps on all platforms, like Office on Mac. All this stuff is just a stunt the verge is doing to gain traffic. Read it, and his only stupid reason for switching is a weather ******* app that tells him its about to rain in his location. WTF?!
    12-13-2014 02:44 AM
    People don't understand that Microsoft has always been like Google. They spread their apps on all platforms, like Office on Mac. All this stuff is just a stunt the verge is doing to gain traffic. Read it, and his only stupid reason for switching is a weather ******* app that tells him its about to rain in his location. WTF?!
    It always boils down to "one" thing in the end. "the straw that breaks the camels back" so to speak. It is a collective of issues that culminates in the final "eff it, I'm buying an iPhone"
    a5cent likes this.
    12-13-2014 02:49 AM
    Can't blame him. The OS is greater than ever, but the app situation is worse than ever. We have more apps, than ever yes, but iOS and Android are exploding with new and exciting apps. It's getting exponentially worse by the month. Windows 10 might change that, but it's not out for another year. It will also be geared towards bigger, PC use apps, not necessarily the smaller photo and location based apps.
    With Apple having larger phones now, it's tough to recommend a WP to anyone, unless they want something cheap.
    12-13-2014 02:53 AM
    Yes, but now we really do have official apps swarming in! Just recently we've gotten VLC Media Player, Minecraft, Candy Crush Saga, and a bunch of others that I can't remember.
    When WP gets 5 apps, iOS gets 15. The gap is GROWING, not getting better.
    12-13-2014 03:00 AM
    Can't blame him. The OS is greater than ever, but the app situation is worse than ever. We have more apps, than ever yes, but iOS and Android are exploding with new and exciting apps. It's getting exponentially worse by the month. Windows 10 might change that, but it's not out for another year. It will also be geared towards bigger, PC use apps, not necessarily the smaller photo and location based apps.
    With Apple having larger phones now, it's tough to recommend a WP to anyone, unless they want something cheap.

Well to be honest app gap is not the problem here but the app quality is, in my years of windows phone I can say that most of the app available are junk or doesnt have that same quality of ios or android version have.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-13-2014 03:04 AM
    If this Tom Warren thinks that apps and flagship devices are the "make or break" feature for mobile OSs, he is nothing but a complete fool, probably brainwashed or paid by "Crap"ple to write such a nonsensical article.
    12-13-2014 03:24 AM
    The app situation is not "worse than ever". Not by a long shot. We're closer to app parity than we've ever been.

The problem is that being closer than we've ever been isn't close enough.

WP gets apps later if we get them at all. Often times our apps have less functionality and are updated less often. So sometimes having an app available doesn't mean that you can really do what you want to do with it.

Then there's the challenge of apps from smaller businesses. Local businesses will make apps for iOS and Android, but most won't make them for WP.

This is not whining or complaining. It's stating the reality of the situation. And because of that reality, some users will leave even if they love WP.

Or how about toys or gadgets that can be controlled or can interface with smartphones? Well, not all smartphones...
    12-13-2014 03:29 AM
    If this Tom Warren thinks that apps and flagship devices are the "make or break" feature for mobile OSs, he is nothing but a complete fool, probably brainwashed or paid by "Crap"ple to write such a nonsensical article.
    You may not agree, but it's still true. Like it or not.
    12-13-2014 03:32 AM
    Sorry, but this is not true! I don't care about a hardcore flagship, more important is the look and feel of the phone and believe me, 80% of people who are not tech nerds think same way.
    gEtApATaLkEd
    12-13-2014 04:25 AM
    Sorry, but this is not true! I don't care about a hardcore flagship, more important is the look and feel of the phone and believe me, 80% of people who are not tech nerds think same way.
    gEtApATaLkEd

Yep that's why the apple products are so popular.
    12-13-2014 04:36 AM
    I didn't read all comment, but I have to say this is not a house phone, an MS should do better there just in it for money! I learn from wp7 u just can't beat android freeness always win. even in the apps if ms owns it still works better on android. apple an android is still garbage to me for various reasons even tho things work on them fine ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. am too stubborn to switch. lg incite/ lg expo/ lg quantum/ Lumia 900/822/620/920/928/1020/1520/520. still I love my Lumia ๐Ÿ˜‚
    12-13-2014 04:38 AM
    The article is spot on.
    12-13-2014 05:14 AM
    Yep that's why the apple products are so popular.
    So popular being less than Windows Phone in some countries and less than Android worldwide?
    12-13-2014 05:19 AM
    Who cares what Tom Warren does? It doesn't mean a thing to me.
    12-13-2014 05:27 AM
    Tom warren is was an iPhone user long before... The only reason he wrote about windows phones was because it was his job..
    He is an iPhone user disguised as a Winlord
    12-13-2014 05:29 AM
    I hope we don't get the app gap gone, I don't need 4000 fart apps, ones that make you look like you have a big mouth while you talk or other stupid crap. We don't need all the junky crappy apps. We have good games, who cares if you don't have the latest games. they are only for passing ten mins. I have every app that I used on android on my WP. Banking, finance, photo, nav, shopping. If the app is not there, websites work so much better on the windows phone system than the others that it don't matter then anyways.
    12-13-2014 05:32 AM
    ๐Ÿ˜‚ idk but warren as his point an its the truth. an yes the truth hurt when you have friends on the other os smiling at u. but good thing is that I want ms to fail so they can continue making great device an try to make the os better. they already follow apple an failed (wp7) so now there doing both apple an android mixing it up(wp8-8.1) lets see if it can work for them in windows10.
    12-13-2014 05:59 AM
    He'll be back. He may have a point now but it will be non-existent in a year.
    12-13-2014 07:43 AM
    You will find I am one of the biggest proponents of WP. Have been since my Dell Axim X5 with PPC 2002. I have an affinity for a company that trailblazed the industry and stuck to their product. (unlike Palm). So needless to say I have had all the OS"s from ppc2003 to WP8.1. and can be afforded a voice. We lost a lot of functionality with the reboot from WM to WP, but the reboot was necessary and Microsoft had to make that move. That gap loss has drastically closed. I understood the WM to WP move and even understand the W10 one OS move. The app differential is not serious to me, but I can see how it is for other ppl.

What I am not understanding is that Microsoft could help the app situation. Porting services to other ecosystems doesn't give devs incentives to concentrate on Microsoft. Plus all of that effort could have went into increasing improvement in your own ecosystem instead of helping others. And yes I have experience in other mobile OS even develop for one after my professional WM position dried up. My daily driver is still WP.
    Reflexx and theefman like this.
    12-13-2014 10:00 AM
    the majority won't adjust to the OS and it's app library, it should be the other way around.
    12-13-2014 10:18 AM
    gEtApATaLkEd
    *looks at market share*
    theefman likes this.
    12-13-2014 11:32 AM
    Tom warren is was an iPhone user long before... The only reason he wrote about windows phones was because it was his job..
    He is an iPhone user disguised as a Winlord
    Before Tom was at the Verge he started his own dedicated Windows site and was recruited by the Verge because he was so prolific a Windows blogger.
    theefman, a5cent and MikeSo like this.
    12-13-2014 11:34 AM
    Before Tom was at the Verge he started his own dedicated Windows site and was recruited by the Verge because he was so prolific a Windows blogger.
    Drop the facts, they aren't allowed here.
    Back on topic. IVerge,Tom Waren suxks (am I doing it right?)
    gapost likes this.
    12-13-2014 11:37 AM
    He'll be back. He may have a point now but it will be non-existent in a year.
    ...and he stated in the article that he hopes to be back.
    12-13-2014 11:38 AM
180 ... 45678