Sad and true...Tom Warren giving up on WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Almost I agree with Tom Warren in his article: I've given up on Windows Phone | The Verge
Microsoft left its own child behind so we can't expect from other developers to develop their apps for Windows Phone.
I am not a heavy app user but for most of the users out there apps are great deal. Its too sad see many people leave this beautiful OS only because of the apps! :unhappy:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Almost I agree with Tom Warren in his article: I've given up on Windows Phone | The Verge
Microsoft left its own child behind so we can't expect from other developers to develop their apps for Windows Phone.
I am not a heavy app user but for most of the users out there apps are great deal. Its too sad see many people leave this beautiful OS only because of the apps! :unhappy:
The apps are the highest priority for anyone unless they just bought it to hang on the wall. You can't accomplish things without apps. A phone without apps is like a ratchet without any sockets. I'd rather have a cr@pmatic ratchet and sockets than a Snap-On ratchet but no sockets.

I am bothered by people who leave because they won't use an alternative app when an "official" one isn't available.

I have all the apps I need. There are some I'd like, but I don't need them.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just switch now and spare us your moaning.

Haha I don't moan but my girlfriend does anyway everyone else here moans. I just rant because Microsoft supports WP with one foot in and one foot out. Sure they make money in services and with Android patents. But why not say anything of supporting it or ending support. Are they waiting for Windows 10? Will it change anything? I'll just what 2015 will bring.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Good god... how many freaking apps does a person need?? People need an app to flush their ****ter...and if the official app is not available on WP, than it's a no go! I've been using WP since WP7 was released, and I've never had more than a handful of apps on my phone... a weather app, news, mint, a couple others, and that's it. I'm so sick of hearing about apps. Use the damn mobile website instead! 99% of the time it's a better experience than an app anyway.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The apps are the highest priority for anyone unless they just bought it to hang on the wall. You can't accomplish things without apps. A phone without apps is like a ratchet without any sockets. I'd rather have a cr@pmatic ratchet and sockets than a Snap-On ratchet but no sockets.

I am bothered by people who leave because they won't use an alternative app when an "official" one isn't available.

I have all the apps I need. There are some I'd like, but I don't need them.
With the app situation I agree me and brother me a (Lumia 925 user) and he a (Lumia 635) user found third party alternatives. But I guess people are stupid or are lazy and want the official thing which I get. Also others the tech nerds (WP fanatics) want the high end stuff like the "McLaren" that was cancelled.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Good god... how many freaking apps does a person need?? People need an app to flush their ****ter...and if the official app is not available on WP, than it's a no go! I've been using WP since WP7 was released, and I've never had more than a handful of apps on my phone... a weather app, news, mint, a couple others, and that's it. I'm so sick of hearing about apps. Use the damn mobile website instead! 99% of the time it's a better experience than an app anyway.

Yeah I had the Samsung Focus WP7 it was my first WP I didn't know much about apps so I didn't download as much. But yeah mobile website is better at times. Also people forget phones are used for calling and texting but alas not anymore they're just miniature PCs.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I agree you if any person concern about app should not touch this wp.There is android or iOS for them.wp is only for very light user who are satisfied with very little or no apps.use smartphone as a phone with call message nd sometimes WhatsApp play antique games

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes I agree you if any person concern about app should not touch this wp.There is android or iOS for them.wp is only for very light user who are satisfied with very little or no apps.use smartphone as a phone with call message nd sometimes WhatsApp play antique games

Me and my brother started on WP first but mostly me the app store on WP7 was "big" to me being a smartphone user for the first time. I bought a Android device for the first time the Play store blew me away. But for me I got use to the small app store and WP being"light user friendly".

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I would have stuck with Windows Phone if I wasn't on Verizon. I really don't see much future with that relationship. And that is going to hurt WP because Verizon is so big in the US. I can live with the app issue, but it sure is nice to have almost any app I want on android.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The Verge usually criticized WP for years for the stupidest of reasons and Tom didn't do much to defend WP against those arguments so it's not like he will be missed.

Oh boo hoo I can't show off my Windows Phone to my Android and iOS using friends, I'm leaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)