How do I block Internet Explorer without disabling wifi?

authorandrew

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Block Internet Explorer

Does WP have any sort of fine-grained parental controls aside from Kid's Corner? I'm looking to disable Internet Explorer without disabling all Wi-Fi, or, if necessary, disabling all Wi-Fi altogether.

Last edited:

authorandrew

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Block Internet Explorer

I just tried apps corner. Unfortunately, even with 'Search' disabled I can still search the web and that pulls up full IE. Doesn't look like it will work for my purposes.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Interesting, I just tried apps corner and with search disabled I wasn't able to replicate what you experienced. However tapping on a advert inside a game that was selected to run in apps corner did launch internet explorer and I was able to load up any site as normal. Therefore not good... lol...

However if only paid games or disney games were only selected (I don't think all the disney games show any adverts?) then I don't think you would run into an scenario where an advert is clicked and IE could be used to search the web.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

What you're asking is not doable on windows phone, it's not developed as a toy for kids (in case it was your purpose), it's also closed source and not customizable under this aspect. It's not a solution but our beloved android would be ideal in this scenario, apart from the huge security holes even when only accessing the play store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234