Why is Facebook integration/login with Apps and Games on Windows Phone so poor?

Vinayak Rajesekhar

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to log in to Facebook through an app or game, I get re-directed to Facebook on Internet Explorer.

Could anybody explain a method to circumvent or resolve this issue that is otherwise (extremely) smooth on iOS and Android?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there are none. That is the process on Windows Phone because the app is written by Microsoft. Any action that involves secure account activity needs to happen through facebook themselves. The apps on iOS and Android are written by facebook themselves so they know exactly what APIs are being used/accessed offering that "smooth" experience you're describing.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
^ Absolutely wrong. Several apps use the FB apps(which have now been taken over by Facebook btw) as login

Really? I have been gone for two years I had an enjoyable ride on iOS 7 & 8 got bored and came back... I know that the messenger app is handled by facebook, because the app description says so "facebook inc" as it were. When you look at the facebook app, it says "Microsoft Corporation".... Now, I know a lot of people are nagging on Microsoft for not having their **** together but it's that bad that they forgot to change the name of the app developer? On a social network who's name has become a household staple? Wooow Microsoft really does need to get their **** together then.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Really? I have been gone for two years I had an enjoyable ride on iOS 7 & 8 got bored and came back... I know that the messenger app is handled by facebook, because the app description says so "facebook inc" as it were. When you look at the facebook app, it says "Microsoft Corporation".... Now, I know a lot of people are nagging on Microsoft for not having their **** together but it's that bad that they forgot to change the name of the app developer? On a social network who's name has become a household staple? Wooow Microsoft really does need to get their **** together then.
They didn't "forget" to change the name of the app developer. They would have to release an entirely new app just to get the developer name changed for that one app(MS has OTHER apps). This would interfere with updates and stuff.
On a side note, calm down -.-

Vinayak Rajesekhar

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Let me tell you the apps & games on my phone that are poor in logging in using Facebook (or in some cases, retrieving information from my Facebook account for I may have logged in from Facebook at a earlier date using a different device):

Asphalt 8: Airborne
Asphalt Overdrive
BookMyShow
Candy Crush Saga
Disqus
IRCTC
Think
Words With Friends

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They didn't "forget" to change the name of the app developer. They would have to release an entirely new app just to get the developer name changed for that one app(MS has OTHER apps). This would interfere with updates and stuff.
On a side note, calm down -.-

Microsoft can do what they please with their own services. I thought I did a good job with the sarcasm though lol

Edit: On a more serious note however, can you point me in the direction of that article? Surely a piece of news that big would not have slipped through Windows Central's radar.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft can do what they please with their own services. I thought I did a good job with the sarcasm though lol

Edit: On a more serious note however, can you point me in the direction of that article? Surely a piece of news that big would not have slipped through Windows Central's radar.
It's not really news. The app was a collaboration and I'm sure its been implied that fb has either taken over the app or is more active in developing

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not really news. The app was a collaboration and I'm sure its been implied that fb has either taken over the app or is more active in developing

So what your saying is you have no proof? How is facebook taking over the app implied? Where has it been implied? Who implied it?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have confirmed for myself that apps can be authenticated through the facebook app itself. That's a good thing since it is more streamlined. However I unfortunately have no answer for the OP. Other than what I've read of course; which is the fact that it's up to developers to use app verification rather than website verification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss