1 Year with Windows Phone

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
And I have to say - I'm lovin it...

I picked up my first windows phone last December (L1020) after using a succession of iPhones 3,4,4s and a Samsung note 2.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy os feature comparison as each have their pros and cons. However after using (and still have) a number of iPhones I will say, great hardware for every unit I've had - however the os does not do it for me.

It doesn't matter if I pick up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 6 it just feels like a very expensive app launcher - and that's it...

As far as the Apple or Android Apps advantage - for many its exactly what they want, for me not so much.

I am not an App junkie, I don't base my os preferences solely on app availability or the number of funky features available between os versions. Having looked at many of the offerings in Google play and the Apple and Windows store's the vast majority of Apps available are pure junk.What matters much more to me is the complete ecosystem available for the range of devices I use.

Now, my Windows phone

Has it been a completely trouble free experience in the last year - Nope

Like the rest of you I've had a few issues to deal with, battery drain being one of them. However I don't give up at the first sign of problems, especially with an immature os. With research, trial and error and help from this community I've managed to sort out or manage most of the issues I've had.

And the result is a very solid daily driver that I love to use.

And I have to say it - with the level of whining at time's I think we loose site of all of the great things this platform offers, the fact that we can directly participate in the PD program and level of involvement Microsoft has directly with the community.

Keep it up Microsoft - looking forward to the next year.

I'm staying - and I'm Lovin it...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately WP,wm is not immature they've been around for a while now. All will point in specific that " WP" is new but its not. It was just renamed from window mobile which has been around for few years now . So I guess the question become .......is ms where they should be in the mobile field being around this long or not? I say not

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately WP,wm is not immature they've been around for a while now. All will point in specific that " WP" is new but its not. It was just renamed from window mobile which has been around for few years now . So I guess the question become .......is ms where they should be in the mobile field being around this long or not? I say not

WP IS new, Windows Mobile was a completely different OS.

kumar_rajan5000

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I am with Wp from past 1.5 years with Lumia 520. I thought to sell and get any android phone but couldn't sell my phone coz I am really in love with the OS. Especially when I can get windows 10 when my phone will be about 2 yrs old. This doesn't happen to any budget phone around any other OS but happen only with windows.
Keep it up Microsoft.

mfcengland

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
After using android for years, l switched to windows phone in May this year (925 on 3uk). I switched after playing with the 1020 in the 3 shop every time I passed. For the first few hours after opening it, I thought I'd made a big mistake. What the hell had I bought. But here I am, 7 months later loving the wp experience. So much so, my sister, brother-in-law and mother in law are all proud owners of windows phone. I personally have had zero problems with the phone, and can't wait for windows phone 10.

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
After using android for years, l switched to windows phone in May this year (925 on 3uk). I switched after playing with the 1020 in the 3 shop every time I passed. For the first few hours after opening it, I thought I'd made a big mistake. What the hell had I bought. But here I am, 7 months later loving the wp experience. So much so, my sister, brother-in-law and mother in law are all proud owners of windows phone. I personally have had zero problems with the phone, and can't wait for windows phone 10.

Same story for me. Bought it after using the 1020 in German stores. So proud of my Lumia !

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Actually I have a different take on your view point - While I'm sure that MS is not even close to where they want to be in the mobile space yet, I look at Windows Phone as just one element in a range of devices I use across a complete platform, and I say that no other platform i have used even comes close to that experience.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

Windows mobile was a different OS completely, not even any visual queues were the same.
Windows phone itself is separated in two.
Windows phone 7 was built on an older OS kernel
Windows phone 8 was rebuilt using the more modern kernel
so looking at this all Windows phone 8 is only two years old, which is relatively new compared to other mobile OS's.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I now believe wp is extension of windows a device that integrate with my windows 8.1.i don't use apps that much except for fb .So wp is good device.Hoping MS would not kill wp.
From Windows phone

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Windows mobile was a different OS completely, not even any visual queues were the same.
Windows phone itself is separated in two.
Windows phone 7 was built on an older OS kernel
Windows phone 8 was rebuilt using the more modern kernel
so looking at this all Windows phone 8 is only two years old, which is relatively new compared to other mobile OS's.
Put it how you like .....im referring to the amount of time ms has been in the mobile arena! Long enough actually longer than apple and android . So what's the excuse ? Whether it be wm,WP what ever ...we should be number one. And to think well take over sounds kinda funny and that sucks because I kinda like wp

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
like I have other option... windows is the only one, and now that I think about it, Microsoft is being stupid here, if they made all their products run poorly on other OSes they can make a few users switch, if there is people willing to ditch wp because of no google support, there should be people willing to do the same on android, it used to be that way at first a lot of people I knew hated android because there was no windows live messenger(jeez now how cool is that)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99