1 Year with Windows Phone

hedrek

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Traveling with my daughter right now and playing with her iPhone. Ish, boring. Not the miracle phone I was expecting. Gives me a new appreciation for WP. Verizon still sucks though.

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
i feel here in Australia MS either ignore us or don't care i love WP8.1 and i love my xbox,asus T100 and my 1320 i love how they all connect and work easily ill admit it ive become a bit of a MS ****** but only to the point for me they are great doesn't mean it will be great for everyone.
cant wait to get my hands on a 535

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
i too have crossed a year i think just few mouths back..still the same love when i had bought it
i change the wallpaper and the arrangement of the titles often.. and it just feels refreshing every time i do. just amazing!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm at the 2.5 year mark. There have been a few UPS and downs, but all in all, I think it's still the best phone OS since the fall of webOS. Also, very happy that Xbox live support seems to be making a comeback to WP gaming.

Really looking forward to Windows 10, just wish it was closer than the end of next year.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
So what's the excuse ? Whether it be wm,WP what ever ...we should be number one.

Baggage, that's the reason.

The names Microsoft and Windows carry a lot of bad baggage. Security issues, malware, viruses, poor coding, bloat, an OS that slows down the more you use it, programs that leave files all over the place after uninstalling, registry errors, terrible internet browser...

People believe - I was one of them - who think that all the bad points of desktop Windows are carried over to Windows Phone. And Microsoft is doing nothing to educate them otherwise. Why the silence? If MS would come out and demonstrate that Windows Phone is free of that baggage, then perhaps people would be more willing to buy the phones.

Maybe.

But MS is probably in a catch 22 situation. Say nothing, and people wonder why the silence; if MS speaks, people will wonder why, if the phones are so good, does MS try so hard to suggest otherwise.

I think MS, under the new CEO, is beginning to turn over a new leaf. Open sourcing code, giving development tools away for free... it show MS may have learned from its previous 'evil' ways (FUD; embrace, extend, exterminate...) Time will tell.

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ive always considered myself very independant and reluctant to follow the masses. I was a WEBOS ****** until it met its fate at the on the empty promises of HP. I wasnt a Android / Iphone automaton and wasnt interested no matter how many "apps" they had. (who needs 10,000 farting apps?). I loved Windows phone from the very begining. It had all I needed right out of the box. Additional apps werent really needed. I did what I wanted it to do. Simply and Beautifully. No constant swiping page after page after page looking for an application. Take a picture and all my photo apps are there. It was as though the phone anticipated what I wanted to do next. When my fellow Android / Iphone friends constantly taunted me with their "Look what I can do", I would quickly refer them to YouTube.com Windows Phone $100 challenge. That usually would shut them up. I love this new MS synergistic ecosytem. Pick up any WP device and you'll share the same experience across its many corporate devices.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb