Cellular provider name on phone's tile

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a Nokia Lumia 710 (Windows Phone 7.8) for many years, and just recently bought a new BLU Win HD unlocked phone.

I have a question that in my WP 7.8 my phone tile displays my cellular network's name "Wind Home" (I am with Wind Mobile), and if I am away from the Wind zone and roam into other network I can see the tile display is changed to the other provider, say Rogers. But in Windows Phone 8.1 my phone tile just displays SIM1 (BLU Win HD has dual SIM support). I looked everywhere and could not find out how to make my current cellular network name displayed.

In my Settings -> cellular + SIM -> SIM 1 settings, I actually can see the Active network is "WIND Home", just how to make it display on phone tile?

I hope I can just see the tile and know if I am still in my own coverage or roaming coverage.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Your can go to SIM settings and change the SIM name. Also when your phone is roaming you'll see a triangle sign near the signal bar

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
In my phone the name of the network is show. Only if I use the smallest tile than I do not see the network name in the tile. Which tile size you use?

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 definitely does that. Both my 635 and 830 display my operator's name in the tile as well as the roaming operator's name when I'm out of country.
Both phones are single SIM phones though and this might be a dual SIM phone issue.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have no dual sim but please read

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/connectivity/use-a-dual-sim-phone

For single SIM the network name is automatically set in the phone. If you have 2 sim cards and the name was also set automatically you could end up with 2 tiles with the same name
(same provider) To prevent this I think you have to manual name them . Maybe if you only use 1 SIM you can switch of the other and than the nam is automatically set in the tile. (should at least be "technically" possible.
Could this be it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism