New Lumia Camera app improvement(suggestion)

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I know there are more than a dozen camera apps in our WP. Still many true camera lovers loves the Nokia/Lumia Camera. Be it classic or otherwise.
Then there is Nokia/Lumia collection. So my question is why MS can't compile few of those camera apps together and make it stronger like in other platforms.

My suggestion is
Lumia Camera+Lumia Panorama+Lumia Refocus+Lumia Selfie+Lumia cinemagrapgh
will make an awesome camera app.
I mean come on.. panorama is a standard option in most of the native cams in other platforms. And selfie app can easily(function wise) combine to Camera app. Just like smart sequence is there they should add an improved panorama app to the Lumia camera. Rather than keeping it as separate apps. Lumia Selfie app is good as an editor. Why can't they add the timer function to the Lumia Camera? Lenses are a good optional function when it comes to accessing third party camera apps from the Lumia Camera app. Otherwise selecting a 'lens' for panorama and selfie is a joke.

I don't know about the technical difficulties in this subject. If anyone knows about these apps can explain, you are more than welcome.

Updated : Another feature which is missing especially from mid and low end phones are HDR feature. So many low end and mid level android phones comes with a standard HDR option in the native camera. That is a big fail from MS. Even if they can't add it to Lumia Camera app they should add that option in Microsoft Camera(native app).

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I partly agree but:
1 The more a app can the longer it will take to load.
2 If they all combined you first have to choose what you want. So more options make it more complicated.
3 If you are going to take pictures I do not think you need al these functions during a photo shoot.
So I do not really want to have 1 massive (long load time) complicated (first choose what you want) app.
But I have the treasure tag and this can be used only in Lumia selfie so it would be nice if that could be used in more photo apps.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I partly agree but:
1 The more a app can the longer it will take to load.
2 If they all combined you first have to choose what you want. So more options make it more complicated.
3 If you are going to take pictures I do not think you need al these functions during a photo shoot.
So I do not really want to have 1 massive (long load time) complicated (first choose what you want) app.
But I have the treasure tag and this can be used only in Lumia selfie so it would be nice if that could be used in more photo apps.

But don't you think Our camera app will be better if it is like in other platforms like panorama as a feature rather than a separate app?
Sometimes i like to switch from normal still photo mode to a panorama mode while capturing a landscape. I already chose the options. May be we can avoid cinemagrapgh. But Panorama and selfie can merge to Camera app along with Refocus. Don't you think?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not take that many photo's so I do not mind to change the app. But if the loading time stays the same and you could choose a favorite (selfie or normal camera or so) I would not mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro