Lets get the Snapchat situation trending

panchovx

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Please go sign the snapchat petition

It's important to support the cause because snapchat it's a must have app for many people, specially teens in the US.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, you're saying that getting a faceless and rather evil company to actually do something pro consumer so you too can join your friends in transmitting [frequently] personal images under their "privacy" policy (images forever stored in a loosely secured server long after you've thought them erased) is easier than trying to leave the service? Or, more preferable than not seeing that picture of your friend's cat?

Huh? I'm not sure what you're getting at. You will have to put names in place of "faceless and rather evil company" and "their". I'm a little dense!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I reread the article about the snapchat WP app. It stated it is "rumored" to be being developed, which means you are right, it is not known for sure.

Still, about 100,000 snapchat photos posted online by hackers earlier this year shows how there is no such thing as a secure service. That didn't even involve a friend taking a screenshot. I'm sure you heard about them being posted on 4chan? If not, google it, it's there.

People expecting an auto-destruct service to give them security against the people they are sending something to is ludicrous, though. I'll stand by that, even if it is just my opinion, seeing as how this opinion is played out on the internet every day to prove my point.

Yeah, I'm serious.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that we will be able to make a huge difference to the situation. It will be worth trying, but not having a snap chat app will continue to hamper the platform. Without a snap chat app it is impossible to get young teenagers on the platform.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that we will be able to make a huge difference to the situation. It will be worth trying, but not having a snap chat app will continue to hamper the platform. Without a snap chat app it is impossible to get young teenagers on the platform.

I'd say the magic number would be 10,000 signatures. Then we'll get someones attention.

caspervir1

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanx everyone for signing my petition and sharing it, but please share it more to other sites and share the link to WPcentral in an email or something! We need to get more supporters and faster! If WPcentral would share this in an article we maybe had 15000 now! Just maybe... but there's so many users on this network so please share it so much as you can to WPcentral! If they make an article I have to change the goal number!...

caspervir1

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanx for sharing my petition! Please share as much as you can and we have to get WPcentral to make an article! Then maybe we could have 15000 now!....

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just said 10,000 may get their attention. But you're probably right, millions needed for actual action

It cost close to 100 grand to create a mobile app. There just isn't enough motivation for them to create one for WP. I am an avid WP user, I love the platform. But sadly I think it isn't going to survive. Carriers, Devs and mobile users aren't buying into the platform. Sad really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb