Lets get the Snapchat situation trending

Broomcorn

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Snapchat going to make an official app?

No, they won't until they start to become less popular. See candy crush for evidence

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi I found you kids a nice way to unlock your account. I posted this elsewhere but I figure this is a very popular post and would likely be more deserving of this information so here it goes:

Hello all I am here to clarify something and raise your hopes (unless you are worried about privacy)

Snapchat is incredibly UN-secure. I will prove this by telling you how to unlock your account quickly and easily no matter WHAT the reason your account was locked for.

Yes this means that you Windows Phone/3rd Party users can get right back on and into the action too! (promise)

Simply visit Snapchat Support page

accounts(dot)snapchat(dot)com

Login and then change your password.

Your account is now unlocked. Congratulations.

PS. The insecurity lies within the range of their server flagging and tagging with it's database. You can pull account information through due to this.

I won't go into depth on how to misuse this information because.. well.. that's just silly on my part! :) but any novice hackers looking to play around I'd suggest checking out links related to

and creating a library, fishing around etc.. anyone knowing a thing or two about defacing knows how to search this.

Happy Hacking/Sexting/whatever you kiddies do......

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi I found you kids a nice way to unlock your account. I posted this elsewhere but I figure this is a very popular post and would likely be more deserving of this information so here it goes:

Hello all I am here to clarify something and raise your hopes (unless you are worried about privacy)

Snapchat is incredibly UN-secure. I will prove this by telling you how to unlock your account quickly and easily no matter WHAT the reason your account was locked for.

Yes this means that you Windows Phone/3rd Party users can get right back on and into the action too! (promise)

Simply visit Snapchat Support page

Login and then change your password.

Your account is now unlocked. Congratulations.

PS. The insecurity lies within the range of their server flagging and tagging with it's database. You can pull account information through due to this.

I won't go into depth on how to misuse this information because.. well.. that's just silly on my part! :) but any novice hackers looking to play around I'd suggest checking out links related to

and creating a library, fishing around etc.. anyone knowing a thing or two about defacing knows how to search this.

Happy Hacking/Sexting/whatever you kiddies do......

that only works with the first couple temporary bans and is already known.

it does not appear to do anything for permabanned accounts- I'm sure it's been tried.

kjordan_29

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Possible Snapchat news?

I got an interesting reply from the LumiaUS twitter account today. It could be something or it could be nothing. I don't know.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Whilst we are ******** about windows phone being ignored can I get some support for this app being made for windows phone.
Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm hoping they do lol 

Why?

They just took in nearly Half-a-Billion USD $$$,$$$,$$$ from investors. (Snapchat raises $485.6 million from 23 investors: Report - Tech2) They have tons of cash and an "investment" in Windows Phone gets them good will from the community, more users to bolster their numbers and revenue and more time in the tech press in a favorable light. So they should get paid by Microsoft to make more money from Microsoft's ecosystem than they otherwise would without? Why should they get an investment from Windows Phone?

Do Android and iOS pay them to make an official app??? So far as I know, they do not. Perhaps they get paid under the table to NOT make an App for Windows Phone? What could possibly be their reason not to? 6snap proves it is quite possible and practical to make a Windows Phone App.

It's EXTORTION.

Now, I do support the community initiative to get a SnapChat solution for Windows Phone because, apparently, this social media stuff is like crack and users simply can not put it down... But that's the only reason. To keep users from fleeing the Windows Phone ecosystem just to get their favorite flavor of crack. I would never want to give them one red cent for the "privilege" of an official App on Windows Phone.

That being said, I HATE - that's right: spit in it's face and kick-it-in-the-shins, wouldn't cross the street to stomp out a fire on it's face, HATE social media. I find it obnoxious, invasive and tacky. I think it is dumbing people down whilst simultaneously spoon feeding them what the owners and managers of the services consider important as issues while blocking access to information that runs contrary to their interests. I believe it is a social disease that should be purged and put back into some logical magnitude of perspective. Too many people let it influence their actions and look at it as some sort of "necessity" to which they are untitled. IMHO it does far, far more harm than any good it inadvertently creates - and that good would be solely user to user kindnesses without any active force from the social media entity itself.

If all social media withdrew from Windows Phone it would not affect me for one nano-second.

What is SnapChat? Primarily, from what I understand, it is a vehicle used to share pictures of who-whos and ha-has. People use it because they have some false sense of security that their who-who or ha-ha will be protected from copy and dissemination. Wrong. How to copy snapchat pics - Bing

But never mind that. As I said, this type of crack dumbs people down rather quickly.

I don't want Microsoft to buckle to extortion. I would't pay a sack of moldy oats for such a thing. I don't see how anyone "needs" this service. Especially in light of alternates that are being offered and created.

"But all my friends are there!" Doesn't bother me or sway me to your side. I'm firmly of the opinion that if social media is your only means of contacting someone they are not your friend. Move to another service and you will find just as many friends who will quickly grow to have the same closeness and importance... Which is to say they are merely acquaintances who happen to use the same service as you. If you can't call or email them they are not your friend. You don't really know them. It is an illusion. One that these social media outlets actively foster. My favorite example, the local weather person on the news begging to be "liked" and "followed" at the end of every weather segment. Why do I want to follow my local weather caster? Does it bring me better weather? No. It fosters a false sense of connection that in the end has no real substance.

So, there is nothing there worth paying for.

Now consider the long history of their outright refusal to create a Windows Phone App. Why reward that? WHY? I know the answer I'll hear; because I want/need it, because so many users will leave the platform without it? That's what makes it feel like extortion. How much money, time and resources must Microsoft use on other areas than those which directly affect the core OS and Apps? Where would it ever end? A constant effort of paying and developing for other concerns robs us of a better Windows Phone. It sacrifices advancing the OS to concentrate on side diversions which do not filter money and resources back to Microsoft. How much more of a loss before they close shop and exit cellular? I don't want to find out that I lost my mobile OS so some jackwad could look at who-whos and ha-has all day.

Things are connected, not isolated. Paying SnapChat to get an official Windows Phone App is simply too costly in more ways than one. Where is the value in it?

I'll ask again, as I always do during these rants of mine; If SnapChat does not want to support your mobile OS of choice, if they actively hinder your use based on the mobile OS you are on... Why would you want to support them? It is as if they proclaimed you some sort of non-entity, something undesirable that they choose to ignore until it dies away. How could you want to lend financial support to that? How does supporting that attitude help you?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
They just took in nearly Half-a-Billion USD $$$,$$$,$$$ from investors. (Snapchat raises $485.6 million from 23 investors: Report - Tech2) They have tons of cash and an "investment" in Windows Phone gets them good will from the community, more users to bolster their numbers and revenue and more time in the tech press in a favorable light. So they should get paid by Microsoft to make more money from Microsoft's ecosystem than they otherwise would without? Why should they get an investment from Windows Phone?

Wow! That was quite an exposition! I do agree with you that Snapchat should not have to be paid in order to provide an app for WP.

My question about your paragraph I quoted is this: does Snapchat have something against WP/Microsoft? It's often declared that Google is leaving a lot of potential $$$$$ on the table by avoiding WP, but they do it anyway in order to squash WP's growth. I'm not here to argue whether or not that's true, but even if it is, it makes sense. Google and Microsoft are direct competitors, and competitors in any business do things like this.

I don't see why Snapchat would be in the same situation. Snapchat is not a Microsoft competitor. What reason would they have to hurt their bottom line in order to stunt WP's growth? Evidently Snapchat does not see enough potential return in developing a WP app.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really torn on this topic.

On one hand, the noticeable absence of Snapchat is hurting the platform and is a significant handicap to the countless (in the younger demographic) who value the service over Windows Phone. And everyone knows it.
From what I see, the mobile gains Microsoft has made is on the line, whereas Snapchat doesn't have much to lose at all.
(Sorry RumoredNow, but you're probably in the minority, at least from my different point-of-view - sure "hoo-has" and whatnot is nice - but its actually useful for more than that - its a unique service/way of communication. one can show what they're doing to people, etc since these picture messages are so "cheap" and clean themselves up. something MMS and others haven't really done well. I'm not sure if I've really said what I wanted to convey, but I tried - I know I cant sway you either :). My phone is a tool of communication and hooking into social media as I see fit. I like Windows Phone more than I like Snapchat, but many people do not, especially as it already has a bad reputation for some reason among people.
Sure, your position is a valid one, but it doesn't appear to be an exceedingly popular one.)

On the other hand, giving into these douches is something that sets a scary precedent, unless its under wraps (like NDA, but that might not help), and while not an exact match, I feel the quote "Never negotiate with terrorists. You'll only encourage more acts of terror." fits in well. Not saying Snapchat equals terrorists, but the core idea is there in rewarding bad behavior. (same analogy can be given to young children and maybe even North Korea)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...My question about your paragraph I quoted is this: does Snapchat have something against WP/Microsoft? It's often declared that Google is leaving a lot of potential $$$$$ on the table by avoiding WP, but they do it anyway in order to squash WP's growth. I'm not here to argue whether or not that's true, but even if it is, it makes sense. Google and Microsoft are direct competitors, and competitors in any business do things like this.

I don't see why Snapchat would be in the same situation. Snapchat is not a Microsoft competitor. What reason would they have to hurt their bottom line in order to stunt WP's growth? Evidently Snapchat does not see enough potential return in developing a WP app.

Only SnapChat could answer that. And just like their official WP App they simply will not do so other than to cite user numbers. So all those on Windows Phone they kicked off their service recently do not count for them.

​Again, why support some service that views you this way?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Only SnapChat could answer that. And just like their official WP App they simply will not do so other than to cite user numbers. So all those on Windows Phone they kicked off their service recently do not count for them.

Agreed. And this in my mind actually weakens the argument that Google withholds WP apps for the sole purpose of hurting WP. They're one of the few companies who have something to gain by WP's weakness, and yet they're only one of many companies who do not provide official apps. Many more companies provide an app, but give it minimal function and support.

So we argue that low numbers are not the problem, and yet we see businesses avoiding WP. If numbers are not the problem, then what is? There's not much it can be besides numbers.

kjordan_29

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
@ RumoredNow Tell us how you really feel.

I don't use Snapchat for sexting. I use it to communicate with my siblings about silly things during our day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss