Lets get the Snapchat situation trending

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for such a detailed response. I truly do appreciate it.

I'll bow out now as anything more will have us going in circles. I understand mine is the minority opinion by far. I just like to get it out there sometimes.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for such a detailed response. I truly do appreciate it.

I'll bow out now as anything more will have us going in circles. I understand mine is the minority opinion by far. I just like to get it out there sometimes.

Well I can understand how you would oppose the majority of everything I detailed. However would you not agree with my final statement of: "give the majority what they want and they'll more likely switch", regardless of the means used to achieve the end?

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Will snapchat ever come on windows phone?

This is really bad Snapchat app (official/third-party) is not available for windows user.. Is there any update on this ? Will we be able to use it again?? Or it will become history for Windows ??

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will snapchat ever come on windows phone?

there's no news about when (or if) Snapchat will arrive on Windows Phone. So far all we can do is make some noise on Twitter and maybe asking them on their website:
https://support.snapchat.com/ca/incompatible

i wish they'd at least let Rudy bring back 6snap...

True atleast they dont block third part app, if they cant spend money and make official app for windows user.. But this is really very bad for snapchat, I guess now microsoft should talk to them. Like they did in case of instagram..

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think with windows 10 it could make it, but honestly who knows..

Question: What about Windows 10 would make Snapchat want to make an app? Snapchat is primarily a phone app, their problem is that Windows Phone doesn't have the user base worth making an app for. I understand that Windows 10 universal apps effectively expand a user base, but snapchat doesn't need desktop users they need smartphone users... that effectively reshrinks the user base back down to almost nothing; back to square one with Snapchat's original issue of a small user base.

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Question: What about Windows 10 would make Snapchat want to make an app? Snapchat is primarily a phone app, their problem is that Windows Phone doesn't have the user base worth making an app for. I understand that Windows 10 universal apps effectively expand a user base, but snapchat doesn't need desktop users they need smartphone users... that effectively reshrinks the user base back down to almost nothing; back to square one with Snapchat's original issue of a small user base.

Slowly and gradually windows users are increasing everyday.. And if they will make snapchat for windows they will get windows user too to chat with accross the platform users.. Snapchat is giving bull**** reason and if they are not interested in making app then y have they blocked third party apps??

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Slowly and gradually windows users are increasing everyday.. And if they will make snapchat for windows they will get windows user too to chat with accross the platform users.. Snapchat is giving bull**** reason and if they are not interested in making app then y have they blocked third party apps??

Did you not understand what I wrote? Snapchat doesn't care about desktop users they care about smartphone users. Snapchat on desktop is extremely limited there's no point in having a desktop app. Windows Phone users (whether it's 8.1 or 10) are still only 3% of market share, not enough for snapchat to care. The reason they blocked third party apps is because they don't want to take any chances on being hacked again that's a perfectly respectable reason to send a cease and desist. Get it now?

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you not understand what I wrote? Snapchat doesn't care about desktop users they care about smartphone users. Snapchat on desktop is extremely limited there's no point in having a desktop app. Windows Phone users (whether it's 8.1 or 10) are still only 3% of market share, not enough for snapchat to care. The reason they blocked third party apps is because they don't want to take any chances on being hacked again that's a perfectly respectable reason to send a cease and desist. Get it now?
That I understood at that time only and by windows user I meant windows phone user.. Yes u r rgt that windows phone users are just 3% of the market but that's only becoz of SO CALL APP-GAPS. Company's are not ready to make official apps. Otherwise WindowsPhone is the best and secure platform than others...

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
They have had that page for 2 years and at this point I don't even understand why they have it because they are willfully ignoring it

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know what exactly it is they waste their time on... When I had my iPhone sure they updated the app about every two weeks or so but they were never major updates, always bug fixes etc. So with them essentially taking near a whole month to push out an update that surely one maybe two people are writing... What the hell are the rest of their team doing? I understand they have an Android app as well but that one gets updated even less frequently. Where is there development attention? Did they all effectively just call it done and now just enjoy their own app?

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol actually just came to post this link, which I'm certain has already been posted.

Oh and the only time I'll ever say this: Indian people on this site, go here: https://support.snapchat.com/ca/incompatible and annoy them. Get all your friends too.
I can check the Windows Phone option on that page, but there is no "submit" button to actually send the request to snapchat. What gives?
That page definitely looked like one that lets users "suggest" something that never actually gets seen by snapchat.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can check the Windows Phone option on that page, but there is no "submit" button to actually send the request to snapchat. What gives?
That page definitely looked like one that lets users "suggest" something that never actually gets seen by snapchat.

Exactly.

Just another slap in the face. Yet the masochists want to cozy up to Snapperoni even more for it. That's how power trips work.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not their App... They enjoy their cash cow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFq5DwZGpUI

Funny video. I'm curious as to how exactly they make their money. From I remember the app didn't have any ads and it was free in the app store. Actually.... I remember some snaps that were automatically showing in the stories section that weren't related to my friends or my snaps so I guess those are worth ad revenue.

Edit: The good thing about those "ads" though was users weren't forced to watch those snaps and they aren't really as invasive as actual ads.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
it gets unlocked 2 times before you are perma-banned. Even though mine was perma-banned im still able to view peoples snaps posted on timeline but not personal sent ones. Oh well

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss