Lets get the Snapchat situation trending

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
You're still using this stupid service? I already gave up and deleted my account, a company which offers terrible security and don't care about its customers don't deserve customers at all.

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I deleted my snapchat account. Since using my 1520 as my daily driver I started using it a lot less. I have missed it abit because of the new update but if they wont support my platform then i wont support their service.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's said that that the saying "Looks don't matter; it's inner beauty that counts" is said by ugly people.

We take whatever numbers suit our agenda and use them. WP has been proclaimed the fastest growing smartphone OS. Percentage wise, yes it has been true for awhile. But it grew by about 1.25 million in real numbers last quarter. That's a morning's worth of Android sales.

This is still in comparison to Android. Why does that matter? 3% or 1.25 million. That is a whole lot of consumers waiting to use their service!

I realize that this isn't a perfect demonstration but lets say you and I were in a political race, and you had 49% of votes and I had 51%. Wouldn't that extra 2% become a whole lot more significant? If I'm a business, I'm going after the whole pie. They clearly make enough money supporting Android and iOS. Use that to fund your Windows phone development so that it can grow.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This is still in comparison to Android. Why does that matter? 3% or 1.25 million. That is a whole lot of consumers waiting to use their service!

The company might be better off taking the resources that would be used to make an app for another platform and using those resources to continue improving and expanding the ones they have.

I would imagine that the less platforms involved, the more streamlined they can remain. What I mean is this: suppose I have an auto parts store. I stock parts for 2 automakers. There is a third automaker, but only 3% of the vehicles on the road are theirs. I could decide to stock their parts as well, but I would need to expand my inventory by 50%. I would need to expand the size of my warehouse and store by 50%, I would need to train my employees for a 3rd automaker's vehicles, and of course my inventory overhead is increased by 50%. Is it worth all this to increase my sales by 3%? It's probably more profitable to use those resources to improve upon what I offer the 95% I already service.

The fact remains that it happens in mobile. Why, we don't know. That's up to the company. A lot of decisions are made based on ROI, and providing apps for iOS & Android is the decision a lot of them make.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The company might be better off taking the resources that would be used to make an app for another platform and using those resources to continue improving and expanding the ones they have.

I spoke with a few mid sized app developers this last while, and with one exception all of them mentioned this as the main reason why they don't support WP.
It's because their main battles for market share are fought on iOS and Android, and anything requiring them to divert resources from those two fights is considered a sideshow that could end up harming more than helping them.
That's also why the recent talk of a more similar UI being able to achieve more engagement by developers is so misguided. Up until the point where you can run the same app on WP and Android, without increasing development costs at all, a more similar UI will do absolutely nothing to to spur app development on WP.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with a few mid sized app developers this last while, and with one exception all of them mentioned this as the main reason why they don't support WP.
It's because their main battles for market share are fought on iOS and Android, and anything requiring them to divert resources from those two fights is considered a sideshow that could end up harming more than helping them.
That's also why the recent talk of a more similar UI being able to achieve more engagement by developers is so misguided. Up until the point where you can run the same app on WP and Android, without increasing development costs at all, a more similar UI will do absolutely nothing to to spur app development on WP.

Oh that's just perfect. Now you're going to rile up the gloom and doom society. I hope you're proud of yourself. :eck:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's just perfect. Now you're going to rile up the gloom and doom society. I hope you're proud of yourself. :eck:
I am very proud! I used to poke animals with long sticks at the zoo. This forum has given me another outlet for my sadistic urges. My psychiatrist and the WWF both tell me I've made great progress! 😈

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I am very proud! I used to poke animals with long sticks at the zoo. This forum has given me another outlet for my sadistic urges. My psychiatrist and the WWF both tell me I've made great progress! ��

I take it you have a large portrait of the Marquis de Sade in your bedroom?

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Frankly, first came to know of such an app from windows central posts only. Guess the app is not quite known here in India. Nevertheless this is for those people who are missing it from this beautiful OS.

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Frankly, first came to know of such an app from windows central posts only. Guess the app is not quite known here in India. Nevertheless this is for those people who are missing it from this beautiful OS.
It's a service where you send photos with a timer and the recipients will only be able to see it once or twice for that amount of seconds. After that you can't see it. The images are kept stored in the devices and in their servers, even though they say it's deleted, most of the transmission of the data have no or really stupid cryptography.

You miss nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077