Are you still using a First Gen WP8 device?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
920 here. Looks as good as new despite being dropped onto concrete several times without a case. Ok, so a couple of corners have a tiny flat spot and the back has a scratch where it slid along the ground, but given the abuse, still looks like new unless you know where to look.

I would like a newer Lumia but nothing exists in the US market. I find it a little slow and the heat/battery issues are a pain since day one.

Still, I'll wait until the Lumia I want comes out: 5" with SD800+, Glance, high MP camera. Basically a 930 with glance. Sadly no 930 in the USA.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Still using my Att 920, still runs and feels like new. BUT I bought a 1020 cos I want that camera haha
Oh and I've been using the day it was launched.

I'm still kicking myself for not waiting until the 1020 came out... it was just rumors when I got my 920, and I thought it would be a long time before it came out.

Rieder59

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I hated the thought of WP to be honest. But eventually got a 520 for just 4 months, upgraded to my present 920. Bought an Android phone to see if I could be tempted back to the Dark Side but it just aint got that certain buzz I get from the 920. Now if anything happened to the 920 I'd go right out and get another. Had it just coming up a year now and you can prise it out of my cold dead hands. Every time I move in a room the phone goes with me, it's like a part of me. WP, yep, never looked back and I still regret selling the 520 but not purchasing the 920, it's my preferred phone. I used to think nothing of changing a phone twice or more in a year but not any more. Android is OK, but it's just not WP......

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Started life with WP with a 520 before quickly moving up to a 820 not 5-6 months later. Working great for me, I get a full day out of it, and that's with playing nearly an hour of Subway Surfers! The wireless charger has spoilt me that I could never own a phone that didn't have wireless charging...

As for upgrade, I was looking at the 830/930, but couldn't find a decent enough price, as I like unlocked phones so I'm not tied to any network. Unless one comes up in the next few months, I might wait for the next generation W10 phones and see what toy I can afford!

My sister brought a 520 earlier in the year and she loves it, and I've just brought my mother a 530 for Xmas, but don't tell her! :shush :wink

G.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i have a 920. had for a little over 2 yrs. my contract is up but havent made my mind on a phone. possibly looking to get a 1520 if possible.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, still rocking my Samsung ATIV S and I hope it gets Windows 10 as that will make it the longest supported phone that Samsung have ever produced.

Runs WP8.1.1 like a champ even though it's 2 year old hardware.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Bought my 920 on 24 Dec 2012, still hanging in there. Apart from heating and battery life, can't really fault the phone, it is what it is. Would've gone up to a 930 had it had glance. Waiting to see now what MS produce now the Nokia takeover is fully done and WP10 devices are upon us.

Edit: Forgot to say, my 'original' 920 developed a fault and Nokia swapped out the motherboard in this one in November, it's like a new phone all over again and works better than before. Happy days!

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
8S here. It's running the developer preview. The only hardware problem is the volume up button.

Primary Windows phone now is Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Been rocking a 920 since February this year. Never owned a phone before this that I was completely satisfied with. Now I've considered a 1520, but for it to replace my 920 it needs to be the 1520.3 and i can't justify that with my 920 still running like a champ.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using a Lumia 920 on AT&T, and I got it on launch days (11/9/12). My satisfaction with my device is hard to gauge and explain. My 920 still does mostly everything I want and need without issue, so I'm happy with it. I can't be mad at the durability of a device that shows no major wear on it, despite multiple drops (including one onto a concrete sidewalk). However, the battery life is pretty sad (MAYBE a day, though I never need it to last that long), and the device gets unpleasantly hot without much to push it. Then, there's the stuff that's not related to the device itself, and that's all a mess of negativity and frustration.

The 920 is still in my pocket because Microsoft refuses to release a successor on AT&T (way too late for the 930, by the way), not because I love my 920. I'm disgusted with Microsoft's first year as a hardware manufacturer, to put it bluntly. Then there's the OS and application situation. The Xbox Music app we have now is a LOT worse than the previous one, which they had baked into the OS. The lockscreen functionality is gone, and doing simple things like resuming the app or opening it with library changes is really slow. Microsoft's also done a terrible job of getting updates out to OEMs, like with the fact that my sister's got the alleged Windows Phone flagship in the U.S. (the Icon), and it's the only major WP on Verizon to NOT be getting Denim in 2014 (the 822 that replaced her Icon, the Icon's 928 predecessor, and the abomination One are all getting Denim now), and I don't know that anything on AT&T will get the update this year. The app situation honestly feels worse in 2014 than in 2012, mostly because of the fact that while WP has more big-time apps than it did, the glaring holes are even worse to look at when 2 years of existence can't convince developers to put out official apps for things like Snapchat (which I don't use, but have to hear my sister talk about).

So I'm fairly happy with my 920 itself after 13.5 months, but I was ready to upgrade 6 months ago (but couldn't and can't now). I'm really unhappy with Microsoft as a company, and I'm fairly unhappy with the status of the ecosystem. I don't use many apps and only play one or two games on occasion. Probably the biggest source of usage with my phone (after Internet browsing) is music, so when the music application is as terrible as it is, that problem really stands out and bothers me.

I'd rate my device as 8/10 and my happiness overall as probably a 5/10.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
still using L620 happy with it although I am having random touch sensitivity issue....but its still working great.....I will buy next flagship that comes with windows phone 10

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Still running an 18 mos. old HTC 8XT. Still running like a top, I see no reason to upgrade right now. That will change if Sprint ever brings a flagship to the network.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
stll using the best windows phone to date ;) the lumia 810. this phone has never given me any problems. sure I use the 830 but the 810 has this special something that makes you come running back to it. just a joy to use. shame that tmobile trashed this phone :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss