Are you still using a First Gen WP8 device?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My 18 months 720 works as a new device, battery still great, the 6.7 camera is just awesome + the HD dummy facing camera takes great selfies.
I'm not going to buy any Lumia soon + if I'd to choose, I would get an orange 830

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This is MS strategy to force old X20 users to use new WP devices because it is happen with every old WP device.

and updates are getting painfully slow and slow. Even budget Android phone getting faster updates than WP flagship devices.
Competitors are getting better and better and WP getting worse and worse( performance and updates)

If you think that...than you haven't been on Android (ever) or for very long...Android left a lot of models stuck at GB and even more at ICS...No, Android is not better...Budget Android devices are 1 release wonders that by and large never get any updates.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you think that...than you haven't been on Android (ever) or for very long...Android left a lot of models stuck at GB and even more at ICS...No, Android is not better...Budget Android devices are 1 release wonders that by and large never get any updates.
This absolutely true. The last Android phone I had got exactly one update in two years.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This absolutely true. The last Android phone I had got exactly one update in two years.

I had a Motorola Photon 4G (great phone) that was promised ICS update by Moto (lying Punit Soni) then cancelled. A top-tier device abandoned with Zero upgrades. Left Android for WP and have had 2 official upgrades, and many more with the PFD program.

​Great support.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I had a Motorola Photon 4G (great phone) that was promised ICS update by Moto (lying Punit Soni) then cancelled. A top-tier device abandoned with Zero upgrades. Left Android for WP and have had 2 official upgrades, and many more with the PFD program.

​Great support.
That may be the case in past but right now Moto is best when it comes to update.Even Moto G 2013 got already 2 updates and not to mention it get faster update than any WP flagship devices or any other devices.

Tropicc

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I still have a 920 my second windows phone after the L800 (WP7.8) and still think it is a very good phone. Only thing I don't really like is the battery life when using whatsapp or playing a game, it drains pretty quick then.

I think my next WP will be 920, 1020 or one that has not yet been made because it will take some time before I get a new one since this 920 is still working perfectly. Just got it back from Repair Care with a new screen and screen connector so that's as new.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Don't you have anything better to say to counter that point
First thing that was past(which is nothing to do with present now, so stop living in past,)
Second thing it's not Android fault.

Third thing what I want say that WP is getting slower and slower with updates and that Android you are talking about even budget phones are now getting faster updates than any WP device now. Once upon a time even L520 get faster updates than any Android flagship devices but now Android got better and WP get worse.(specially Motorola beating Microsoft Lumia in terms of updates )

So,
Are you implying that since past Android updates(forgetting current Android updates) aren't good so, WP is better.(are you really setting Android past as current WP benchmark for updates.) Really?

This is the best you come up?????

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't you have anything better to say to counter that point
First thing that was past(which is nothing to do with present now, so stop living in past,)
Second thing it's not Android fault.

Third thing what I want say that WP is getting slower and slower with updates and that Android you are talking about even budget phones are now getting faster updates than any WP device now. Once upon a time even L520 get faster updates than any Android flagship devices but now Android got better and WP get worse.(specially Motorola beating Microsoft Lumia in terms of updates )

So,
Are you implying that since past Android updates(forgetting current Android updates) aren't good so, WP is better.(are you really setting Android past as current WP benchmark for updates.) Really?

This is the best you come up?????

Ha ha...why look at an ecosystems history as a predictor of future support...that's totally irrelevant as a predictor of future upgrades right? Why use facts on an internet forum...sorry, my mistake. Logic & reason have no place when you read a post clearly.

I don't need anything better, facts are facts...but since you decided to add a bunch of made up implied statements (that I did not state) go ahead, might as well ignore history.

Think that ZTE Zinger is going to get a Lollipop upgrade? Or that Kyocera Rise?

But this thread is about 1st Gen WP8 devices...and mine's running great!

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Ha ha...why look at an ecosystems history as a predictor of future support...that's totally irrelevant as a predictor of future upgrades right? Why use facts on an internet forum...sorry, my mistake. Logic & reason have no place when you read a post clearly.

I don't need anything better, facts are facts...but since you decided to add a bunch of made up implied statements (that I did not state) go ahead, might as well ignore history.

Think that ZTE Zinger is going to get a Lollipop upgrade? Or that Kyocera Rise?

But this thread is about 1st Gen WP8 devices...and mine's running great!

Sorry sir but can you tell me which facts you are talking about that are made up.
I shared some solid facts about Android.
There are all types of Android manufacturer.
Some provides great support and some poor. It's upto user which manufacturer they choose.

And I am comparing WP with great not with poor like you did.

And my old wp8 devices isn't running as good as it was before.

Most of time I see RESUMING LOADING screen.
Opening setting - RESUMING or LOADING
Back to home screen - RESUMING or LOADING
Opening official Music player - RESUMING (takes 15-20secs to loading music)
Opening Anything - RESUMING or LOADING

If this is consider great in WP then my device is Awesome.

(my device was flashed by service centre on Dec 17, 2014 )

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my 920 as I have not found any worthy upgrade and 920 is running solid except for slightly less battery life. There are several reasons I won't upgrade to any existing Lumia.

1. Red colour, my 920 is red color and there's not a single Lumia available with that colour.
2. If I ignore colour then also I won't get 930, as it doesn't have glance screen and I rely heavily on it and have it 'always on' on my 920.
3. 830 is a good phone, but I find 920 to be better. Dual LED flash on my 920 is better than the single LED of 830. Adreno 225 is better than 305. Also PureMotion HD+ screen with 60 HZs.

Only thing bothering me with 920 is camera which was very good when I bought it, before Amber. Now the white balance is on yellow side and the photos come out very soft. If I got the same photo in the camera roll which it shows me while saving instantly after the capture, then it would be the best 8MP camera in the world.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Still using a 520 because I'm poor and I'm pretty happy with it. Probably upgrading to a 7XX/8XX device in 2015.

Don't worry mate! It's still a very good phone. I have a 920 and recently bought my dad a 520, and I was impressed with it. I'd be as much happy as I am now of I had a 520. 520 is so gorgeous to hold in hands. And runs like charm. Very good phone.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Funniest thing with a coloured 920. It is slippery ao easy to drop. Best thing is that it is built like a tank ao it just keeps going. I have lost count of the times I have dropped it on concrete face down and still not a mark on the screen :)

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry Mark, my L820 is also slippery. I can just hold the phone typing and it will just slip off my hand. But luckily my phone is a Nokia, no cracks yet!

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I love my second gen Lumia 925. It has a decent processor, a proper screen and a very good camera. Also the battery life is quite good. For now, why would I switch? It's a good phone and it's solidly built. I'm planning to keep it for at least another year.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya am unlucky I bought a wrong model lumia 820 at wrong time.But still love wp.I will upgrade when wp 10 phones come no hurry for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99