Group messaging. Need help.

dsimages

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
If I start a group text message with lest say two other people, if I send a group text out and when someone replies back, my phone number gets added as another recipient. So she I go to send a reply, my reply gets sent twice.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If I start a group text message with lest say two other people, if I send a group text out and when someone replies back, my phone number gets added as another recipient. So she I go to send a reply, my reply gets sent twice.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Haven't experience this in all the Windows Phone versions I've had (Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.5, 6.5.3, Windows Phone 7, 7.5, 7.8, 8, 8.1, 8.1.1). In my experience:
1. I send a text message to an arbitrary number of people.
2. One of them replies, but the reply is "threaded" in his or her own one-on-one messaging thread (outside the group message thread).
3. I reply to that message via that dedicated one-on-one thread.
4. If the situation warrants that I send my response (received from a number of persons less than the arbitrary number/group size) to all those in the group, then I send my message in the group thread.
5. None of my messages are duplicated*.

*- The only case my messages are duplicated (sometimes even triplicated or more!) is when the network is having some issues... such as the typical network overload when millions of people decide to send their "Happy New Year" greetings exactly the same time. I will be notified that the message sending process "failed", but in reality it was being sent repeatedly until the network was convinced that it was "really sent".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon