Whatsapp does not show Contacts from People App on windows phone 8.1

Callum Bir

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Problem: Whatsapp does not connect to People App's contacts on Nokia Lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1 build 8.10.14219.341

This results in Whatsapp
1. ]Chat] tab
* Not showing *any* contact names in Chat.
* Does now allow new Chat sessions. The (+) button doesn't do anything. Based on existing chats, I can Add a new contact, and it allows me to store them in any of the Contact Services (eg, Outlook, or Google Contacts). If I click on add to existing Contact, I do see People Contacts here!!!
3. [New Group] Can't effectively create a broadcast group, because the add participants does not show any contacts.
4. [Favorites] - when I click search button at the bottom, nothing happens
5. [All] - this page is empty

In People App, I have contacts stored in outlook / Hotmail account, Google Contacts and Microsoft Exchange account, LinkedIn, Facebook and so on. I can see all the contacts from People App, and Phone App and so on. I have also tried all sorts of filters in settings like show contacts with phone numbers and so on.

I've continuously uninstalled Whatsapp and installed app but the problem still persists.

I had this same problem with the earlier builds on 8.1. In order to resolve this same problem, I signed up to Developer Preview (paid $19US), installed the Developer Preview App on the phone, and updated to the latest WP Phone build to this latest. This problem seems to be common across wp 8.1

Firmware wise, I am on Nokia Lumia 1020 - Lumia Cyan (3051.50009.1424.00xx)

Can someone please provide some help?

Callum Bir

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I've tried creating new contacts and adding them in a number of accounts (Outlook, Google Contacts et al) but the names still don't show-up. I've refreshed whatsapp many times already ... No matter how many times I've uninstalled and re-installed, I get the same problem.

Callum Bir

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
OK Folks, I was able to get this to work finally after literally wiping off the phone using Lumia Recovery Software and rebuilding the phone with apps. Also, I chose to not use the phone backup which literally resulted in all chat history lost. A little drastic but ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss