Why are my videos stored on my SD card getting listed twice on the Video app. Any idea how to fix it?

Ritesh Bhatia

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The videos stored on my SD card are getting listed twice on the Video app. Any idea how to fix it.

The videos stored on my SD card are getting listed twice on the Video app. Any idea how to fix it.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The videos stored on my SD card are getting listed twice on the Video app. Any idea how to fix i

This is usually caused by ejecting the SD card without properly removing it from the system beforehand. In order to safely remove it, go to storage sense -> SD card -> remove sd card. Once that's done, you can eject it. Anyways, to get your issue fixed, you will need to copy all your files over to your PC, format the SD card directly from your Windows Phone and copy the files back over to it.

Ritesh Bhatia

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: The videos stored on my SD card are getting listed twice on the Video app. Any idea how to fix i

I did safely remove only earlier and formatting the SD card will remove all the data especially apps and games.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

I did safely remove only earlier and formatting the SD card will remove all the data especially apps and games.
Did you see his part of the post??

"you will need to copy all your files over to your PC"

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Can apps (data) also be copied to the PC and later copied back and the app still works after that?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Can apps (data) also be copied to the PC and later copied back and the app still works after that?

Nope. There's a tiny chance to get this to work. At least in theory. I've never tried it myself though. You can access the system folder on the sd card, which contains all apps and their respective data installed on it. You could copy that over and back to the sd card later on. But I have no idea if that's gonna work or not.
Most apps and games nowadays support either roaming profiles or at least Facebook login to save data to the cloud. In this case you ain't gonna lose anything.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Ritesh what you could do is move the apps to your internal memory (use storage sense) And after the "repair" of the SD you can move them back on the SD with storage sense. This will work.

DKp1977 thanks. If I would be Ms I would block this possibility of coping system folders as a safety precautions. What do you think?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Ritesh what you could do is move the apps to your internal memory (use storage sense) And after the "repair" of the SD you can move them back on the SD with storage sense. This will work.

DKp1977 thanks. If I would be Ms I would block this possibility of coping system folders as a safety precautions. What do you think?

Probably. But tbh, you can't do much with the stuff stored in there.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

True but I think that they used something like this to try an hack a Lumia.

Mobile Pwn2Own Hackers Exploit NFC, Browsers and More

I skimmed through it, but the 1520 remained unhacked. They were only able to extract some Cookie information. Which can't be from IE, as this isn't movable to SD card. Either way, Cookie information is rather useless.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss