is everyone experiencing app crashes at launch?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hello,

just wondering.. as of late .. most of the apps I try to start keeps crashing.. and I do mean "most".. some like Skype are hopeless cases .. but some others started crashing more and more.. ESPECIALLY if u launch the app via the notification banner.. or resuming it .. the crashes are so frequent that there must be more than one cause... the worse part is after the crash u need to wait like 5 seconds for the app process to close.. hitting the app icon in those 5 seconds do nothing.. apps may crash on launch/resume up to 6 times in a row..

at first I thought it was some 3erd party laziness(bad code.. new app.. hidden bugs)... for example wincentral is pretty stable.. whatsapp surprisingly is doing fine too.. others not so much.. onemusice, music(default), flipboard, fb and many many more..

anyone here is having a stable experience? is my phone acting up?

Lumia 1020

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Definitely your phone that's acting up here. Even though there are apps in the store that aren't as stable as they possibly should be, it's only a tiny percentage that's affected. Determining the reason for your issue is something more difficult though. I would go the usual soft - reset -> check if it got better, if not -> hard reset route. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, it's most likely hardware related.

banger696

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Not experiencing crashes on launch. Only problem I have experienced is with IE on my L530 and certain sites crashing the phone, but open the site in UC browser or Opera Mini and its OK.

plee2007

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I've definitely been having these issues of late with several apps that I've been using regularly which had seemed previously stable (incl. Shanghai Daily, Hanyu.co, Trainr, Duolingo for awhile which somehow wound up being ok). Basically I think I have the same issue you do - when I launch these apps, they look like they're opening fine but then they just immediately close/crash. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and done a soft reset, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm hesitant to do a hard reset. Did you try and did it work?

I'm also using a Lumia 1020. Bought and was using it in Germany (but language/region settings for the U.S.) before I moved to China, so I thought it was because of that that I was having issues since my weird language/region settings make my calendar go crazy.

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Not experiencing crashes on launch. Only problem I have experienced is with IE on my L530 and certain sites crashing the phone, but open the site in UC browser or Opera Mini and its OK.

Thumbs up for opera mini (good for cellular data) & IE, but UC crashes often on my L635 though I like the UI & features. Tubecast also seems to have an crashing behaviour...

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm hesitant to do a hard reset. Did you try and did it work?

i decided to wait for the upcoming update.. and hard reset it then.. im like u, i dont wanna go for all the trouble of hard resetting then face the same problem still :S

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been seeing this now and more frequently in the last month. Constant crashes on opening apps. And I just did a hard reset about 2 months ago.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes! me too.
All native apps (built in apps) are showing something like @{microsoft.cal etc etc
The apps which i downloaded earlier from store, 90% of them are stopped working.

Seems like storage issue

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a common problem with Developer Preview, I know several people with Lumia's running the latest developer preview that have this exact same problem. I think whatever is causing the app to crash is actually causing WinRT broker to crash which all 8.1 apps use and require to run, so you can't actually open any 8.1 apps until it has restarted itself. I notice it never happens in 7.0 or 8.0 apps, only 8.1 apps like Facebook, Skype, Whatsapp etc. Hopefully they will release a fix for this soon as Microsoft are most likely receiving lots of crash reports from our devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720