Airplay app on WP8.1?

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey there guys, I wanted to know if you guys know any app that allows to play music to appletv (airplay)..

I found ''AirPlayTo'', it works but it doesn't allow background reproduction, so I must keep the app running in order to make the music play on appletv.

The other one I found is "TubeCast'', which you can stream videos from youtube to appletv, I'm trying the free version and when I keep this app on background, after something like 30sec it stops the reproduction, I don't know if it's because the free version or it doesn't allow background reproduction such as AirPlayTo.

Does anyone know an app that allows it? Or does anyone know if TubeCast stops playing because it's the free version? I think the AirPlay was brought by TubeCast in the last update, which was this week, maybe it's a bug, don't know

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does Apple TV only allow connections using their very own proprietary protocol? No DLNA, Miracast or the likes? If so, throw that thing where it belongs: the trash bin, and get yourself a Miracast dongle or something similar. If you have an Xbox 360 or One, you won't even need that.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
AirPlayTo seems like the best, and only app that's near what you're looking for. I would see if there's any way to contact the developer and ask them if they have any plans to make it function when the app is navigated away from. The app is pretty minimalist right now but it's awesome that someone has actually worked on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234