Does the PDF deliver updates to all Windows phones or just the non-Lumia phones?

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
PfD on non-lumia phones

Bought a Bush Windows Phone from Argos yesterday. It reports itself as an Archos-Bush phone, and is identical to the Blu Win Jr except this is for the UK market.

The phone doesn't report what version it is running other then a version number; I can't recall what the number is, but it ends in 899 which I believe is Cyan.

As yet there is no official update to Denim, so I dev unlocked the phone and enrolled it on the Preview for Developers program using the Windows Store app.

No updates came through.

Can someone tell me if the PfD delivers updates to ALL Windows phones or just to the Lumia range?

I'd love the phone to receive some updates, so if someone can explain how, I'd be very grateful.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: PfD on non-lumia phones

Thanks for the replies, and the clarification on PfD. I'll check the process when the phone is back in my hands.

So, this non-Lumia phone won't have Cyan or Denim firmware. But it should still get OS updates.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes they will get the OS updates. If the phone is not carrier locked it gets it from Microsoft but if it is carrier locked after release by the carrier.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Yes they will get the OS updates. If the phone is not carrier locked it gets it from Microsoft but if it is carrier locked after release by the carrier.

Assuming that you are not in US. Your devices most likely retail one and carrier can't do anything for it.

You may get OS update but it depends if your phone OEM already make compatible firmware for it. In most cases huge OS update came with firmware update while minor updates doesn't require new firmware

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for all your help - phone is now updated with all the latest bits and bobs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs