WP Store bug or not?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Since I searched a similar thread and couldn't find, I decided to open a new one. If there is a thread that covers this story, I will ask the forum administrators to point me that.
Ok, so here is what it is all about:
Since 2 weeks ago (now is 31st of December 2014), I occur some bugs in WP Store (desktop version). Maybe these are bugs or maybe browsers are some how incompatible with the Store, I don't know. Anyway, what I have notice in desktop version of WP Store is that when you search an app from the search bar (top right), it comes with a page that says "This page isn't redirecting properly" or "The webpage has a redirect loop".
The same thing happen if let's say i am on the page of some app, and that developer have more apps developed and if you click "See more" or the developer's name (it's the same link)
The browsers where this issue was shown are latest versions of Opera, Chrome and Firefox.
The only browsers that all this is working properly are Internet Explorer from 8 to 11.
So, i made some screenshots to show you what I mean. Do you have the same problem with the desktop version of WP Store or how do I fix this? 2-3 weeks ago this wasn't a problem, it worked.
Before you say anything I have tried everything from cleaning cache, browsing history and uninstall/reinstall the same browsers, nothing changed.
Here are the screenshots:
Opera-Friefox.png
IE8.png

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Opera or FF, but using latest Chrome on Windows 8.1 and 10 I have no problems browsing and searching the Store.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Strange I'm getting this as well on FF 34.0. Thought it might have been due to my disabling cookies, but allowing them didn't seem to fix.
Maybe an email to MS support or a post on MS Communities will get a fix?

G.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I am having this problem. Everything was fine until I cleaned all cookies and cache of FireFox.

Here are my findings on the matter...
1. Default settings in FireFox Tools>Options>Privacy work
2. As soon as these are changed to Use Custom Settings for History (see screenshot), then the redirect occurs.
Capture.PNG
2a. The screenshot is of the settings as the appear in Comodo IceDragon which does NOT suffer from the Redirect issue.
3. If Private Browing is enabled, the problem disappears.
4. If History>Clear All History is invoked, the problem disappears temporarily.
5. The problem doesn't seem to be related to any plug-ins.

As I say, all was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago when I cleared the cache. Very frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12