The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-11-2015 09:07 PM
26 12
tools
    I got Microsoft Gestures for Windows Phone and it works exactly as shown in the video, Job well done Microsoft !
    12-30-2014 10:17 PM
    It is a nice feature. I'm thoroughly enjoying the auto-answer gesture...

My wife is too tentative with it and it doesn't trigger for her when she tries to pick up my phone. I just shake my head. Works flawlessly for me. You gotta have confidence in it, I suppose.
    12-30-2014 11:32 PM
    I found out by total accident how good it work's the other day. I made a phone call on my phone and moved the phone from my ear, to see what someone had just dropped. My phone automatically switched to speakerphone until I placed it against my ear again. Nice job Microsoft.
    banger696 and EBUK like this.
    12-31-2014 12:14 AM
    I was tempted by this, but it won't install to SD card. Main phone memory only.
    12-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Some app can only be installed on internal memory. Its a kind of safety precaution for "critical" apps. If you would install these on the SD card and get the SD out the phone the OS gets messed up.
    RumoredNow and EBUK like this.
    12-31-2014 03:42 AM
    Thanks for clarifying.
    12-31-2014 04:29 AM
    My only moan is that if you leave the phone on the table (on speakerphone) while waiting on hold... (making a cup of tea ), when you finally pick the phone back up the speakphone won't disable with the gesture as the phone has locked.
    Meaning you then have to unlock the phone before using gestures again.
    A small niggle, which hopefully MS will fix in the next update.

G.
    wpfanboy17 likes this.
    12-31-2014 07:47 AM
    My only moan is that if you leave the phone on the table (on speakerphone) while waiting on hold... (making a cup of tea ), when you finally pick the phone back up the speakphone won't disable with the gesture as the phone has locked.

Right, the phone should automatically disable speaker mode when lifted. Hope MS fixes it.

G.
    12-31-2014 07:58 AM
    It is a nice feature. I'm thoroughly enjoying the auto-answer gesture...

My wife is too tentative with it and it doesn't trigger for her when she tries to pick up my phone. I just shake my head. Works flawlessly for me. You gotta have confidence in it, I suppose.
    Well a question for you..
    Does your wife answer the call
    a) when the phone displays slide up to answer button - Yes/No
    If (Yes)
    then gestures works because the display isn't active.
    else
    gesture doesn't work...

b) when the phone displays answer and ignore button - Yes/No
    If (Yes)
    gestures doesn't work because the display is active
    else
    gestures works...

Try this and gestures beta definitely works...Only thing you have to wary of is that phone shouldn't be touched when answering the call..i.e.,(answer when slide up button comes up )
    12-31-2014 08:14 AM
    I was tempted by this, but it won't install to SD card. Main phone memory only.
    I don't install any Apps to SD as there may be performance issues... That's just me though. I know many are using this feature.

But in my l620, there is lil bit prob. With Gestures beta installed, the "flip to silence" function didnt work at all. Though without this app, it works flawlessly, i hope MS will release an update to the app soon. Anyone else bearing this?
    My first call when Gestures was newly enabled on my phone only rang for a second. My phone was face down on a table and the "flip to silence" inside Gestures seems to have triggered. (I don't have "flip to silence" enabled via Audio.) I simply unchecked that feature and continued using the rest of the Gestures...

G.
    I'll try out that scenario when I get a chance. I have used speaker/resume handset successfully in under the time my phone Locks...

Well a question for you..
    Does your wife answer the call
    a) when the phone displays slide up to answer button - Yes/No
    If (Yes)
    then gestures works because the display isn't active.
    else
    gesture doesn't work...

b) when the phone displays answer and ignore button - Yes/No
    If (Yes)
    gestures doesn't work because the display is active
    else
    gestures works...

Try this and gestures beta definitely works...Only thing you have to wary of is that phone shouldn't be touched when answering the call..i.e.,(answer when slide up button comes up )
    I've really never thought about it after the first time or two when I was self conscious about what I was activating. Now I just pick up the phone when it rings... see who is there on the display and put the phone to my ear. Works above Lock and when I already have the phone Unlocked. It has become natural for me. Like I said, my wife is very timid and slow about putting the phone to her ear - like she expects it to fail and drop the call - so it fails to pick up and then she just uses the display in disgust. It's really not very often she answers my phone. (Hers is an Android so she doesn't need retraining on Gestures.)
    12-31-2014 08:41 AM
    It works if she gets accustomed to windows phone :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-31-2014 09:09 AM
    It works if she gets accustomed to windows phone :)
    I've tried to switch her over a couple times... No sale, even though she loves what she has seen Cortana doing for me...
    12-31-2014 10:07 AM
    I am so used the the traditional way of the phone that even with gestures installed I hit the answer button on screen LOL
    01-01-2015 04:52 PM
    I love the gestures app ❤

Small improvements like these really makes me love Windows Phone. Probably will never use the display again to answer calls etc. 😊
    01-01-2015 05:02 PM
    Having recently ventured into the world of smartphones, I was disappointed to find that ALL of this genre required some form of swipe/press to answer, end up driving off the road. I posted numerous times about this issue over the last few months and behold my wishes were granted just in time for Christmas! My phone is finally... a phone. Thanks MS.
    01-01-2015 09:08 PM
    I really love this app... #GestureBeta . When I first used it, I thought will it really work?? And wow works like a charm.. Well I hope it will do many more things the time when BETA drops from it
    01-01-2015 10:22 PM
    Reading the MS info on Gestures, I don't see the L521 listed! It works fine for me now in beta. Hope they don't kill it in the release.
    01-02-2015 11:50 AM
    I think this app is what was draining my L1020 battery too quickly. I'll find out overnight after a charge.
    01-02-2015 11:54 AM
    I think this app is what was draining my L1020 battery too quickly. I'll find out overnight after a charge.
    Interesting observation. Please let us know your findings. In my case, I haven't observed a substantial increase in battery usage with the Gestures App.
    01-02-2015 12:02 PM
    The battery usage can be checked in the BATTERY SAVER app. In my case it is < 1%
    01-02-2015 01:30 PM
    I can't give a Battery Saver usage because my phone doesn't show the app, however it is on constantly in the background. Even with my FitBit (using Bluetooth) on constantly my battery still lasts a full day.

G.
    Last edited by gMaesterUK; 01-02-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    01-02-2015 01:57 PM
    I would tag, but I'm drinking alcohol. My battery had been significantly better. Normal usage on both normal Cyan and DP Cyan, LOL... But anyway, the main point in getting a lot better battery life. It was okay when I was on my original HK CV but I did flash to GB CV.
    01-02-2015 02:47 PM
    Hi I am using Lumia 630 dual sim, I downloaded Gestures Beta, but its not working as shown in the video.

Can anyone help.I am from India

Regards
    01-05-2015 05:40 AM
    630 had no proximity sensor so only limited functionality.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-05-2015 06:24 AM
    My Gestures beta on Lumia 521 was working brilliantly at first but now has become less reliable. Was there an update that perhaps now creates conflicts?
    02-11-2015 08:11 PM
26 12