The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-04-2015 09:32 AM
51 123
tools
    There's no black accent. The whole OS look weird because you enabled High Contrast in Ease of access settings.
    Nope it's not about the contrast... Thanks to Travis he explained everything , a friend of mine just messed with my phone's registry :/
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:28 AM
    Travis, do u have an idea how to turn it off?
    12-31-2014 03:29 AM
    Change name back to Nokia:
    Open CustomPFD app, go to tweaks section, scroll down and change Manufacturer Name to "NOKIA"

To change accent color back, I need some info:
    Go to settings -> themes -> accents on your phone and look if an accent color is missing (it MUST be one missing)
    Post the name of the missing color. Then I can give you instruction to remove black accent....
    ZKnowN likes this.
    12-31-2014 09:09 AM
    Go to Settings > Ease of access > Turn off accent color(High contrast) (Actually, turn off eveything in the Ease of access settings)
    12-31-2014 09:57 AM
    Go to Settings > Ease of access > Turn off accent color(High contrast) (Actually, turn off eveything in the Ease of access settings)
    You are missing the point... It's a 3rd party .xap, not Ease of Access.

To the OP: smack your "friend" upside the head for downloading 3rd party software from an unknown source to your device without your approval. Then make your "friend" undo it. Unfortunately the "dev" who posted the .xap has no revert instructions - that is just sloppy and a sign that it probably should not be tinkered with.
    grantpwarren likes this.
    12-31-2014 10:16 AM
    Thanks for help guys, he apologized and said that he just wanted to try it (-_-).... I changed the name back to Nokia and returned everything as I believe it was before, Thanks again guys! :)
    ZKnowN likes this.
    12-31-2014 10:43 AM
    Oh whoop-dee-do look at me I've change OEM name and have black accent. Just tell everyone you used simple regedit hacks from xda.

[XAP][29/12/2014][0.3] CustomPFD: registry e… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    It's easy to change the phones name to anything even Apple 6X is you want Just connect phone to Windows Phone app for desktop and change it there. You have to reboot the phone afterwards.
    12-31-2014 02:09 PM
    It's easy to change the phones name to anything even Apple 6X is you want Just connect phone to Windows Phone app for desktop and change it there. You have to reboot the phone afterwards.
    He doesn't mean the friendly phone name, he means the Model Name like : Nokia, HTC, Sony , etc.
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:15 PM
    Thanks for help guys, he apologized and said that he just wanted to try it (-_-).... I changed the name back to Nokia and returned everything as I believe it was before, Thanks again guys! :)
    Why is this thread still here then ? it should be deleted. Some people are so irresponsible don't you think ?
    12-31-2014 08:59 PM
    Your friend is awesome. From a fellow geek to another, tell him: "you rock!".
    SSgt Bruskowiz and rain620 like this.
    01-01-2015 08:49 AM
    Are you sure the "High contrast mode" is not enabled?
    01-01-2015 08:02 PM
    To the OP, best remove your IMEI and the other additional numbers...
    01-01-2015 08:54 PM
    Id like to see a screen cap of the accent settings screen
    01-01-2015 09:10 PM
    Your friend is awesome. From a fellow geek to another, tell him: "you rock!".
    His friend is awesome for modding this guys phone without permission or explanation? For installing a .xap from an unknown source on someone else's hardware and then just walking away from it?

​I most strenuously disagree.
    01-02-2015 07:03 PM
    His friend is awesome for modding this guys phone without permission or explanation? For installing a .xap from an unknown source on someone else's hardware and then just walking away from it?

Well... luckily he's not using an Android. If not, it might come with a "free gift".

But yeah, it's not a good thing to do. I don't think his friend really know what he's doing, but merely following instructions to mod it.
    AhmadSorour and RumoredNow like this.
    01-02-2015 10:46 PM
    It's really easy to have black accent color. Open start+theme, set to black background, choose an all black photo you just made in the dark for start background and remove all but the transparent apps from the start screen and viol black accent color.
    01-02-2015 10:54 PM
    It's really easy to have black accent color. Open start+theme, set to black background, choose an all black photo you just made in the dark for start background and remove all but the transparent apps from the start screen and viol black accent color.
    What about the action centre and the apps and the keyboard, it's Impossible.
    01-03-2015 05:21 AM

Well lets be honest.................he gave him the opportunity.
    Although he was being naughty, he has learned the owner a valuable lesson.
    Never leave your phone unattended.
    Never leave your phone unlocked.
    Never trust anyone else except yourself on your phone.

This time it was a innocent joke, but wat if it was not.......
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-03-2015 08:02 AM
    I just run trought the proces.
    Nice.

And now how to undo this?
    Easy
    Undo any settings as possible ( name change etc. )
    Then uninstall al the aplications regarding to the tweaks.
    Also uninstall the patched aplication(s)
    The extra themecollor cant be deleted, but cant do any harm.
    If you want to delete the costumized color, you have to do a hard reset.
    If you deside to do so, you dont need to uninstall the aboved
    named aplications but can go directly to the hardreset.
    Last edited by SSgt Bruskowiz; 01-03-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    01-03-2015 09:14 AM
    Now I want that accent color, we want this on Windows 10 :)
    01-03-2015 09:36 AM
    Now I want that accent color, we want this on Windows 10 :)

So?
    Give it a run.
    But is that realy what WE want on 10?
    Neh, its funny atmost, but thats it
    With the same methode you can change the bootlogo aswell.
    So if you up to it, go right ahead.

I like a good tweak and modding.
    But it is not without a risk, so keep your backups handy and or to be on the save site.
    Download a reserve firmware or install the Nokia caresuit, just incase you cant recover it.
    01-03-2015 10:20 AM
    Well lets be honest.................he gave him the opportunity.
    Although he was being naughty, he has learned the owner a valuable lesson.
    Never leave your phone unattended.
    Never leave your phone unlocked.
    Never trust anyone else except yourself on your phone.

This time it was a innocent joke, but wat if it was not.......
    I like a good modding too and would certainly be capable, but I would never mod someone else's device without their permission.

You are forgetting the rule:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The OP didn't ask for any of this. It was an unwanted intrusion and crossing a boundary best left unbreached. The "friend" asked to borrow the phone. He likely tried it the OP's device first to make sure it wouldn't bork the thing preparatory to modding his own phone... Now if the OP hands knucklehead his phone a second time he deserves whatever happens afterwards. Not this first trusting instance between "friends."
    01-03-2015 10:54 AM
    What about the action centre and the apps and the keyboard, it's Impossible.
    Picky picky 😁
    01-03-2015 11:00 AM
    Nice little tool....just changed my theme color and boot screen.
    It has no use off course, just did it because it can.
    01-03-2015 04:09 PM
    Oh man! I never knew Windows Phone had this capability of hacking and stuff! This is awesome!! I should definitely try it because I kinda miss the tweaking I used to do with Android :P
    01-03-2015 04:29 PM
51 123