I have black accent color!!! And my phone model is written Microsoft Lumia 820

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Change name back to Nokia:
Open CustomPFD app, go to tweaks section, scroll down and change Manufacturer Name to "NOKIA"

To change accent color back, I need some info:
Go to settings -> themes -> accents on your phone and look if an accent color is missing (it MUST be one missing)
Post the name of the missing color. Then I can give you instruction to remove black accent....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Ease of access > Turn off accent color(High contrast) (Actually, turn off eveything in the Ease of access settings)

You are missing the point... It's a 3rd party .xap, not Ease of Access.

To the OP: smack your "friend" upside the head for downloading 3rd party software from an unknown source to your device without your approval. Then make your "friend" undo it. Unfortunately the "dev" who posted the .xap has no revert instructions - that is just sloppy and a sign that it probably should not be tinkered with.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for help guys, he apologized and said that he just wanted to try it (-_-).... I changed the name back to Nokia and returned everything as I believe it was before, Thanks again guys! :)

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
It's easy to change the phones name to anything even Apple 6X is you want :wink: Just connect phone to Windows Phone app for desktop and change it there. You have to reboot the phone afterwards.

He doesn't mean the friendly phone name, he means the Model Name like : Nokia, HTC, Sony , etc.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for help guys, he apologized and said that he just wanted to try it (-_-).... I changed the name back to Nokia and returned everything as I believe it was before, Thanks again guys! :)

Why is this thread still here then ? it should be deleted. Some people are so irresponsible don't you think ? :winktongue:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your friend is awesome. From a fellow geek to another, tell him: "you rock!".

His friend is awesome for modding this guys phone without permission or explanation? For installing a .xap from an unknown source on someone else's hardware and then just walking away from it?

​I most strenuously disagree.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
His friend is awesome for modding this guys phone without permission or explanation? For installing a .xap from an unknown source on someone else's hardware and then just walking away from it?

​I most strenuously disagree.

Well... luckily he's not using an Android. If not, it might come with a "free gift".

But yeah, it's not a good thing to do. I don't think his friend really know what he's doing, but merely following instructions to mod it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb