Cortana betrayal!

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi I use the hey Cortana Ali and its working great. But now I'm sick and my voice is changed 😞 Cortana won't answer or talk to,me! What kind of friend do that?!?! I'm very sad...

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Good job I don't have Hey Cortana enabled (can't anyway due to phone), as she probably won't recognise me as I sound more like Barry White at the mo.

Hope you get better and be able to return to a productive working relationship with Cortana. :smile:

G.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is used to taking orders from multiple people on my phone. My wife keeps borrowing it (though she hates smart phones and refuses to get one), so Cortana has no trouble recognizing either of us, and will also recognize my Mother-in-law, Father-in-law, and my 4 year old daughter.

Perhaps it's because I have a phone that can't do Hey Cortana, so it doesn't single in on one person.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is used to taking orders from multiple people on my phone. My wife keeps borrowing it (though she hates smart phones and refuses to get one)...

My wife just wants me to remind her... So I end up setting it up in Cortana myself to remind me to remind her... She simply blanks out on having Google Now and really has not bothered teaching herself how to use it much apart from auto tracking packages from her email confirmations or following her Blues Team.

She does seem very impressed with all she has seen Cortana do for me, but I still can't pry her away from her Note 2. Old habits? Old dog? Something like a mix of the two...

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is used to taking orders from multiple people on my phone. My wife keeps borrowing it (though she hates smart phones and refuses to get one), so Cortana has no trouble recognizing either of us, and will also recognize my Mother-in-law, Father-in-law, and my 4 year old daughter.

Perhaps it's because I have a phone that can't do Hey Cortana, so it doesn't single in on one person.

Cortana will speak with anyone, including the robber that nicked your phone (shouldn't joke really).
Whereas Hey Cortana is locked to the user...

G.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
She does seem very impressed with all she has seen Cortana do for me, but I still can't pry her away from her Note 2. Old habits? Old dog? Something like a mix of the two...

Oh, man... don't ever call your wife "old" or a "dog". Using both is a sure way to be sleeping outside in a dog house. I'll think about you while I'm nice and cozy in my bed next to my beautiful young wife tonight. ;)

Yeah, I use Cortana to remind me to remind my wife a lot as well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh, man... don't ever call your wife "old" or a "dog". Using both is a sure way to be sleeping outside in a dog house. I'll think about you while I'm nice and cozy in my bed next to my beautiful young wife tonight. ;)

Yeah, I use Cortana to remind me to remind my wife a lot as well.

"Cortana, remind me to remind you to remind me..."

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife just wants me to remind her... So I end up setting it up in Cortana myself to remind me to remind her... She simply blanks out on having Google Now and really has not bothered teaching herself how to use it much apart from auto tracking packages from her email confirmations or following her Blues Team.

So your wife has Google Now but doesn't use it much? And she's impressed with Cortana? Does she know that they have roughly the same abilities?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So your wife has Google Now but doesn't use it much? And she's impressed with Cortana? Does she know that they have roughly the same abilities?

Here, let me highlight the relevant bit for you...

I'm not invested in Google Now and am not teaching it to myself so her lack of desire will fail to absorb what I show her...

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
As for us we have been betrayed by MS, we are in s third world country using English language on our WP, there is no hope that our countries would get Cortana.
I wonder why MS doesn't release an international Cortana which doesn't depend on regions for everyone.
MS is favouring other markets!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
As for us we have been betrayed by MS, we are in s third world country using English language on our WP, there is no hope that our countries would get Cortana.
I wonder why MS doesn't release an international Cortana which doesn't depend on regions for everyone.
Cortana is being localised. so you don't have a bad experience. Siri started off the same. It's now in US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, India, Australia and Canada (I think). In 7 months, Siri only got updated every year. Calm down, it will come eventually, Microsoft are working as fast as they can.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Voice acting. You've got to hire someone new for each dialect out there then get them to say about the same lines. Sorry, it takes time.

Back on topic though, hope the OP feels better, and a good New Year.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Cortana, Cortana...... way to leave a man while he is down...

Get better, Aviad, and she will come back to you I swear!! :smile:

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I know this is out off topic but look at my collection 😊

Attachments

• altAp_C3sx8VCZGZvXA9h5DM47zDSSZiJ1KA0rF7tOg_L-o.jpg
    altAp_C3sx8VCZGZvXA9h5DM47zDSSZiJ1KA0rF7tOg_L-o.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads