OneDrive backup not working

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys.... I have recently started experiencing problems while backing up my settings and app data to OneDrive...

Whenever I try to perform a manual backup of app data and settings, it reaches till 96-98% and then gives error saying " There was a problem backing up your data"

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening??? And btw I'm sure it's not a network related issue... Since my Wi-Fi is pretty strong....

Using Lumia 525 with Lumia Cyan without developers preview....

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.... I have recently started experiencing problems while backing up my settings and app data to OneDrive...

Whenever I try to perform a manual backup of app data and settings, it reaches till 96-98% and then gives error saying " There was a problem backing up your data"

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening??? And btw I'm sure it's not a network related issue... Since my Wi-Fi is pretty strong....

Using Lumia 525 with Lumia Cyan without developers preview....

This happens to me too, although there was an article on Windows Central a while ago about it (http://m.windowscentral.com/fix-windows-phone-os-backups-error) nothing helped. Mine gets up to 97% and then fails. Interestingly, on OneDrive everytime the backup "fails" it shows the last backup date of the last "failed" backup (so it seems to backup successfully, but doesn't?)

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Did a hard reset today and while setting up the phone, I entered my Microsoft account and found the backup sitting there ready to be restored even when it failed after reaching to about 97%...

And also saw this backup in OneDrive on web... Strange indeed...

And it restored easily and correctly without any problems...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon