The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-24-2015 11:27 AM
44 12
tools
    Blood Pressure Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) why? it helps you keep your readings in one place and you can export the data to excel. TBH you could get the same basic things from the free app, but since we're supporting devs... the only downside is that the app hasn't been update in a while

MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? It supports most formats and it gives you wifi transfer :D

Cycle Master | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? I just need to connect onedrive and I can go and it has a media player in the app itself :D

Task Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? Well the guy has developed some quality apps and most of them have hit 4 stars

Apps from Perfect Thumb | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Anything at all from this guy, because he's also given us a lot of good apps (I use some of them xd)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-10-2015 12:06 PM
    Thanks, ven07. I added these ^ to the Recommends Post.
    ven07 likes this.
    02-10-2015 01:51 PM
    I'm down with this. I'm new to WP and really want to support the platform.

Hurry up, 23rd!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:51 PM
    I'm down with this. I'm new to WP and really want to support the platform.

Hurry up, 23rd!
    Thanks for the support, Cody...

I'm adding Wolfram Alpha to the Recommends Post. Got any great Apps worth purchasing to recommend?
    02-12-2015 10:18 PM
    Two personal finance manager apps that I highly recommend:

Akche | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    My absolute favorite. Love the UI, the use of color coded tags (ability to edit existing and create new ones), quick view summarys, etc. I use it to daily track six bank accounts/credit cards. Well supported by developer who took the time to personally respond to a review I left in the store. Just received update today that added OneDrive backup. Totally free and deserves greater awareness. Download it on the 23rd and try it out!

Money Tracker Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    More full featured than Akche. Designed to be a complete finance/investment manager. I'm just starting playing with this one, and I like what I see. Again well supported with updates by the developer and another one that deserves greater awareness. The link is for the pro version, but the developer also has a free version available in the store.

It would be nice if the WC team would highlight Buy an App Day in a news story on the main page as I think a lot of people don't wade into the forums.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-15-2015 12:58 PM
    I don't think anyone has recommended a podcast app yet, so:

Podcast Lounge | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    I've tried several, and this is my favorite. Never had an issue finding or playing a podcast with this app as compared to the native podcast app.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-15-2015 01:13 PM
    Thanks IndyJG... Added both those posts entire to the Recommends Post.
    02-15-2015 01:25 PM
    A few more apps I use and recommend:

True Calendar 8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    A more complete, customizable calendar than the native calendar app. Has a lot of customization options, and I love the live tile on this one.

Chalkboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Just cool to spend some time on, and I'm a sucker for the Metro UI. A chalk art app that looks so realistic. Has numerous options. Free, but you can support it's young developer in app with .99 cent tool purchase.

City Art Search | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Okay, it is by Microsoft and it is free, but it deserves a wider audience. I just love this app being that I'm an art buff. Search or browse 2000+ pieces of art and their locations. I have a wide tile of this on my start screen and use this as my lock screen to cycle through my favorite art works. Unlike a lot of Microsoft apps that don't get updated often, the developer here is constantly updating the app and documents it with extensive change logs.

OneDo | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Free, but again deserves wider audience and is well supported by developer. A task manager app using Metro UI and with customizable transparent live tiles.

FreePrints | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    This app was brought back by the company, due to the outcry, after initially dropping Windows support and removing from the store as documented on the News page. It is nice to see a company reconsider and admit their mistakes. Support them, as Windows/Window Phone users, by downloading the free app and purchasing some photo prints. I 've received prints through them and was impressed with the results.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-15-2015 02:31 PM
    Got it and updated Recommends Post...
    02-15-2015 09:16 PM
    Tomorrow is the big day!!!

• Buy Apps to Support Development On Our Beloved Windows Phone
    • Remind Your Friends That It Is Windows Phone Buy An App Day
    • Post Your Purchased Apps Lists Here To Encourage Others

Let's make a big noise and show everyone Windows Phone is worth developing for. Nothing grabs attention like throwing some cash around!!!
    02-22-2015 09:25 AM
    My purchases for the day:

Enpass Password and Information Manager $9.99
    Acoustica $1.49
    Loco Music Player $1.99
    Perfect Note $1.99
    BleBlo $.99
    Run the Map $1.99 (donated to developer since app is free)
    MovieJax $1.49 (in-app purchase to remove length restriction)
    WebApps $.99 ( in-app purchase to be able to add custom sites)
    Feedsea $.99 (in-app purchase to remove ad banner)

Also downloaded the following free apps:

Amtrak
    CoPilot
    Beer Me
    CellarTracker
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-23-2015 06:39 AM
    ^^^ Pretty Impressive Start, IndyJG!!! ^^^

So far, and the day is just starting:

WolframAlpha $2.99 (it's going to take a long time to sort through all this can do for me)
    NextGen Reader $2.99 (I hear it's the best news feed for WP and I want a better news feeder)
    02-23-2015 08:56 AM
    Just Added

Lost Echo $2.99 and that uses up the free cash from Bing Rewards Gift Cards...

Je Suis Charlie! $0.99
    02-23-2015 02:17 PM
    Anybody...

I hear crickets chirping...

Start Perfect $0.99
    This or That $1.99
    02-23-2015 02:22 PM
    Here are mine:
    myTube donation.
    Zbox donation.
    feedsea app purchase.
    Tweetium.
    MovieJax IAP
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-23-2015 09:38 PM
    I bought this one. Check out "WolframAlpha" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...e-71f9e693866b
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    wpn00b and RumoredNow like this.
    02-23-2015 09:41 PM
    Bought:
    Relax Melodies Premium $2.99
    Knock-Knock $4.49
    WolframAlpha $2.99

Downloaded:
    FreePrints
    Fidelity Investments
    Last edited by wpn00b; 02-24-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-24-2015 12:11 AM
    I really want to sincerely thank everyone who participated, whether they posted to this thread or not.

It was a worthy experiment in community participation and I know a few people tried hard to get the word out and build enthusiasm for the project. I'm truly grateful for that.

However... On a site with over a quarter million members and millions of lurkers; a site that has many thousands viewing it at any given time... A site which has an editorial staff and a News Feed read daily by tens of thousands and said editorial staff neglecting to push word of the project after being tipped twice that I know of... Given these factors...

While I am personally indebted to each and every person who showed support in this thread, I have to state unequivocally that the results are less than disappointing, they are disturbing and depressing.

6 weeks time. This project was active for 6 weeks. Plenty of time for someone to set aside just $0.99 or whatever it amounts to locally in order to remove the ads from an app they already use or purchase a bargain. I wasn't asking everyone to move heaven and earth. I realize this isn't the drive to fund a cure to cancer. I kept my expectations low and tried to show what a low cost of participation there could be so as to entice as many to participate as possible.

From inception to end this thread was viewed 2,000 times and posted to 40. I made the title as explicit as I could to draw views. IMHO the view rate was pretty low and the participation rate of views to posts an abysmal 2%. The message from this community is resounding apathy...

capture.jpg

I have never, Ever, EVER been one to worry about the App Gap. Honestly I don't need or use many Apps. I'm waaaaaay below average in my App consumption. But I care about this platform. I care about this community. I hear the cries ring out daily that lack of Apps is killing Windows Phone. I borrowed from the webOS community (much smaller, BTW and go check out their Buy an App day threads) and brought forward a means to show developers they are wanted and valued on Windows Phone.

And crickets chirped.

If one wonders why there are not as many Apps being developed for this platform, I think we've found a couple of solid causal factors. Apathy within the community and an apparent feeling of entitlement. I read it over and over on this forum in threads and posts daily. "We should have all these Apps..." and "It should be free..." are far and away the 2nd and 3rd most frequent comments on the board. Number one being, of course, "%@#$ Microsoft for not making my phone's Region/Country/Carrier and Model the first to receive every update and I want it before it is even released - gimme, gimme, gimme and gimme some more for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE or I'll just huff off to iPhonedroid and that will show YOU ALLLLLLLLLL."

Do I sound angry and bitter? I am. But more so depressed and sad.

If you want a lush garden bearing plentiful fruit, you have to attend to it. You have to put in some work. You have to pay those who toil in that garden. This is not Eden and all is not handed to you by divine providence.

To those who showed love of Windows Phone by participating, I Thank You deeply and warmly.
    Alienhead95
    amitnahar
    wpn00b
    Laura Knotek
    megauni
    IndyJG
    ven07
    codytebaldi

You are all heroes in my book.

Moderators - can we get this thread locked and unstickied so the waves of apathy can drift it away into oblivion? And let's all of us hope that isn't a harbinger for this platform.

Sadly,
    R
    02-24-2015 09:47 AM
    Well said, Rumored Now. I couldn't add anything better.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-24-2015 11:27 AM
44 12