Notification Center keeps retracting.

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 that suffers from an annoying bug with the Notification Center. When I swipe down to view my notifications, the Notification Center comes down briefly before automatically retracting a half second later. When I do it a second time, it stays and I can see my notifications. This issue has been ongoing for months. I did I hard reset on my phone a while ago and that seemed to have fixed it, but the issue came back not too long after that.

Any suggestions?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 that suffers from an annoying bug with the Notification Center. When I swipe down to view my notifications, the Notification Center comes down briefly before automatically retracting a half second later. When I do it a second time, it stays and I can see my notifications. This issue has been ongoing for months. I did I hard reset on my phone a while ago and that seemed to have fixed it, but the issue came back not too long after that.

Any suggestions?

This also occurs with my L1020, but it doesn't seem to be a serious defect as it only occurs when some of my apps are updating in the background at the moment I check the notification center. Common instances are a few moments after restarting the phone, a few moments after closing a memory-intensive app and (as mentioned) when apps are scheduled to update (and, as a result, notifications are at that moment being pushed to the phone). This seems to be a "bug" with the OS, but only a minor one, since this seems to "tie up" with the "Loading" and "Resuming" syndromes.

Try experimenting by:
1. not setting any four-digit pass code in your lock screen;
2. not setting any app as your lock screen provider (i.e. just set a static photo); and
3. disable unnecessary apps from running in the background (especially Live Lock Screen Beta and Tetra Lock Screen - do not set these as your lock screen provider as well).

Any of these should reduce, if not eliminate, the occurrence of the intermittent retraction of the notification center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster