Start+Theme Accent Color

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just thought I'd post this (new to me) discovery regarding how useful the accent color Red is. I had been using cyan or teal since picking up my phone in 2013, because these accent colors matched my tiles and background images aesthetically. However, i just tried out the red accent and think it is much better and more useful/functional in practice when navigating web pages, highlighting text, inputting data in text fields, using the swype keyboard, etc.; it makes all of these tasks easier because of the greater visibility and contrast. (I cant figure out how to take a screen grab of the visibility benefits in action when texting).

Cheers!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Yellow as it matches my phone's body... However, it is gard to see in certain instances.

Red would make a lot more sense. Nice Tip.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I use steel color. Love it, is perfect with dark theme and my tiles background (greyscale using polyscreen).

Someone complains that it's difficult to see the difference between the read/unread and things like that because find the grey tones used too similar to each other... Well, in my opinion that's not true, I can tell the difference perfectly.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use steel color. Love it, is perfect with dark theme and my tiles background (greyscale using polyscreen).

Someone complains that it's difficult to see the difference between the read/unread and things like that because find the grey tones used too similar to each other... Well, in my opinion that's not true, I can tell the difference perfectly.

I love that accent, but yeah, readability was challenging at times. My bigger issue, though, was not matching anything else I used.

I have a red type cover for my surface and a red 1520, so I use crimson for tiles to give some variation.

If they made an orange type cover, I'd never pick another one, lol.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Nice. // I also have been alternating between a few colors from the registry....

Accent Colors - Imgur

Dunno why MS has never given us a custom color picker before ... but one thing is for sure, it's nice to set my own colors for a change (since WP7 of course using custom ROMs).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett