Swiping up on home screen, problem

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This is hard to describe so bear with me...
I've got the three column set up on my home screen and every time I turn on the phone, go past the lock screen and swipe up to get to an app that's lower down, the screen moves up and just as it starts to slow down, the screen quickly jumps to a portion that's further down on the home screen. So, in that instant before the jump, when I go to touch an app, it quickly snaps to the bottom and I've selected the wrong app. It's infuriating. First UI problem I've ever had with my Lumia 925. Anyone ever seen this before?

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OMG this has been happening to my Lumia 928 the last couple of months. It is so frustrating!! I thought it was my screen protector (has a lot of wear) that was causing this jumping but it still happens without it. I've been thinking about going to the Microsoft Store to see if the technician can figure it out. Or else I'll insist on using my Microsoft Assure insurance to replace it.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It's very annoying. It only started happening when I went to 3 column mode and to be honest, sad as it is, it feels like a graphics engine thing. Like the screen can't keep up with the animation.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's a combination of the devices touch screen responsiveness and graphics engine. I went from the 928 to the HTC one m8 and the jumping isn't happening every time. Now it's once in a blue moon.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's a combination of the devices touch screen responsiveness and graphics engine. I went from the 928 to the HTC one m8 and the jumping isn't happening every time. Now it's once in a blue moon.
Hmm.. maybe I should lower the responsiveness. Hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro