Notification center has to change

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I was just wondering and I think many of you were too. Dont you feel the notification center is a bit chaotic? I am not talking about toggles but the notifications itself below. Lets say you turn on your internet connection after half day or after you leave your desktop when you mailed and messaged couple of people and your phone get flooded by notifications. Not that its a big deal but if you got more like 4 or 5 notifications in notification center you barely have any idea whats there and to be honest, who slides through them all?? Dont you just click "clear all" and then you go directly to app? Or you click on random one just to redirect you to the app? I think this can be handled better and hope it changes in W10. What do you guys think ?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I do like the way it works, I like seeing the banner come across to keep me updated with email,news and what ever I have set up. I think it could have more settings.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any big issues with it. I'm really glad its there, back in the olden days we had to guess where our notifications went.

It could do with being more advance though. Refined.

A little issue I have is sometime I don't want to swipe all the notifications away from an app. Maybe just one at a time

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, I am GLAD that we have a notification center, I just dont like how notifications itself are handled in it, especially when there are a lot of them. If you have like 20-30 notifications, its just chaos and I really doubt that majority of people spend like 5 minutes of their time looking on them like "hmm lets see 5 mails, 3 messages, 8 updated apps". I think most of people say okay I got bunch of stuff and click right away on one of them to go directly to the app to start reading or whatever. So what i am saying is that the short text displayed in notification is just useless because I personally dont read it when theres a lot of it. I would prefer like 1 new message from xy with a photo of that person or something.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow... So a quick scroll through to see what might be vital and need immediate attention doesn't work for you?

I have a feeling you are being inundated by one or two sources. Go to Settings > notifications + actions > tap on the offending app names and toggle notifications to "Off," especially if it is something that is high volume and mostly innocuous like a social media feed. You'll still get Live Tile counts on the App tile and it will "unclutter" your Notifications. Notification Center is just doing it's job as you set it up.

I wouldn't blame the Notification Center so much. With any new and emerging features the best course is to train yourself on the smartest use for your style. I think it is pretty clear that there is more than one way to approach your problem; a reaction of "too many notifications just clear them all" being the least effective. You are negating the tool rather than making it work for you.

My golden rule with tech and computing is: You are a machine. I tell you what to do, you don't tell me. It makes me stubborn and exploratory so I can find the way to use the tool to my best advantage. Retake the driver's seat in your Notification Center and you'll be a lot happier and productive.

​My two cents.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try pruning what gets notified. I noticed you have the App Store active. I just have two e-mail accounts and Messaging set to activate notifications.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What i like to see is when you got severall mails of differend accounts,
that you can swipe away just one message and not all at once of that partical account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss