01-11-2016 08:12 AM
58 123
tools
    Amber and black are not blue and they were early Lumia firmware releases.
    Amber and Black were pre-WP 8.1. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Microsoft's code name for 8.1 was Blue. Then every firmware since 8.1 (Cyan and Denim) were shades of blue.
    01-08-2015 03:44 PM
    Amber and Black were pre-WP 8.1. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Microsoft's code name for 8.1 was Blue. Then every firmware since 8.1 (Cyan and Denim) were shades of blue.
    Then what should Emerald be named according to the ABC sequence and the blue code :P Don't know if there is a shade of blue that starts with an E...
    01-08-2015 05:31 PM
    Oh screw you guys. I'm still waiting for fraking BLACK, or anything higher. Damn T-Mobile and my 810.
    Well you don't have to stick with what they (T-Mo) offer. Get an Unlocked. There are many that will fit right in with T-Mo Towers. PM me if you want some research help.
    01-08-2015 06:23 PM
    No sooner has Lumia denim been released and most of the US still waiting on Cyan, the internet is a buzz with reports that the next firmware release is going to be Lumia Emerald.

This all started a few weeks back with a screenshot of extras + info showing the green banner "Lumia Emerald". Is this to be believed or another hoax / urban legend?

Rumoured release late Jan to late February 2015.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app
    Would you please clarify how "most of the US is waiting on Cyan?" Last I checked the obligatory VZW crowd was whining how they were the only ones stiffed on Cyan and VZW is now already on Denim (other than the Icon which is due this month). Please list all of those phones waiting on Cyan....
    01-08-2015 07:22 PM
    Remember that B was Bittersweet Shimmer before it was called Black.

List of colors: A-F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One word colors staring with E (assuming they stick with one word colors)

• ⬛Ebony
    • ⬛Ecru
    • ⬛Eggplant
    • ⬛Eggshell
    • ⬛Emerald
    • ⬛Eminence
    • ⬛Eucalyptus

I guess Eucalyptus is kinda blue...But I imagine MS will keep it simple with either Emerald or Ebony.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    01-09-2015 12:27 AM
    Also, if shades of blue were for 8.1, then perhaps shades of green are for 8.2? Perhaps the Emerald will arrive with either 8.2 or 10.

I never realized it was going alphabetically before. Probably because I didn't come on until Cyan. Was still on Windows Mobile 5.0. :D
    01-09-2015 07:26 AM
    Well you don't have to stick with what they (T-Mo) offer. Get an Unlocked. There are many that will fit right in with T-Mo Towers. PM me if you want some research help.
    I'm going to wait till the next round of Lumia's come out. Then I'm going jump ships.
    01-09-2015 08:29 AM
    (other than the Icon which is due this month)
    Really? I must have missed that.
    01-09-2015 09:23 AM
    I'm going to wait till the next round of Lumia's come out. Then I'm going jump ships.
    Yeah... I just took my Factory Unlocked 1520.3 off T-MoUS and to AT&T style Straight Talk. Saving money, better signal lock indoors and better regional coverage when I leave town.
    01-09-2015 09:28 AM
    In many cases the problem is not how fast the updates are, rather the fact that no matter how many updates they push through the OS (especially the versions pushed in Asian markets) never fix issues. If you think that Office still can't be used, that email app still won't allow you to interact with part of the text that the browser keeps not showing pages properly, that there are missing keyboards and a ton of other issues, you'll understand that updates adding two functions at a time (none of which relevant to fix key issues) are not really interesting.
    People are getting tired to live with experimental phones: Windows Phone Loses Users in Almost Every Single Big Market - Softpedia
    01-09-2015 09:37 AM
    Would you please clarify how "most of the US is waiting on Cyan?" Last I checked the obligatory VZW crowd was whining how they were the only ones stiffed on Cyan and VZW is now already on Denim (other than the Icon which is due this month). Please list all of those phones waiting on Cyan....
    Google it. That's where I got my info. What's VZW?
    01-09-2015 08:55 PM
    Yes but the way it was said it implied that "all" of the Lumia firmware releases were "all" named based on the blue theme. There was no clarity on which firmware release was being referred to pre or post 8.1
    01-09-2015 08:58 PM
    Remember that B was Bittersweet Shimmer before it was called Black.

List of colors: A-F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One word colors staring with E (assuming they stick with one word colors)

• ⬛Ebony
    • ⬛Ecru
    • ⬛Eggplant
    • ⬛Eggshell
    • ⬛Emerald
    • ⬛Eminence
    • ⬛Eucalyptus

I guess Eucalyptus is kinda blue...But I imagine MS will keep it simple with either Emerald or Ebony.
    I would like ebony. Sounds earthy and pure.
    01-09-2015 09:00 PM
    Google it. That's where I got my info. What's VZW?
    The abbreviation for VeriZon Wireless.
    01-09-2015 11:40 PM
    So this has (re-)started...

Where was that Lumia Rubino picture again?
    01-09-2015 11:42 PM
    The abbreviation for VeriZon Wireless.
    Ah I see lol. Never knew that. You learn something new every day 😊
    01-10-2015 01:34 AM
    So this has (re-)started...

Where was that Lumia Rubino picture again?
    Here is one of many links to the story http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/lumia-emera...y-2015-1470629
    01-10-2015 01:36 AM
    85110d1413739671t-wp_ss_20141019_0001.png
    djeire84 likes this.
    01-10-2015 04:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85110d1413739671t-wp_ss_20141019_0001.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	93408
    Ha ha I like that please Microsoft release that instead!!!
    01-10-2015 05:24 AM
    Take a look at the screenshot for Lumia Emerald on that site again. Blurry (to keep you from seeing if it has been photoshop edited.)

Also, look at the version numbers on everything. Most are either the same or lower than version numbers I have on Lumia Cyan. Not even up to Denim standards. Except for the Spam Filter, which was increased to 2.0.0.0. I guess they felt the need to edit something. They probably advanced quite a few numbers from their Black that they were using when they spoofed it, but Cyan advanced it even further than they had anticipated.

I finally got the update, and I skipped Denim entirely and went straight to the GDR2 update. Not sure why exactly, but it's not what I expected.

It wasn't Emerald as I'd hoped.
    wp_ss_20150110_0002.png

I think I've been insulted.

(For those of you who don't know me, it's a joke. It's hard for me to make a post that's 100% serious most of the time.)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-10-2015 09:11 AM
    Take a look at the screenshot for Lumia Emerald on that site again. Blurry (to keep you from seeing if it has been photoshop edited.)

Also, look at the version numbers on everything. Most are either the same or lower than version numbers I have on Lumia Cyan. Not even up to Denim standards. Except for the Spam Filter, which was increased to 2.0.0.0. I guess they felt the need to edit something. They probably advanced quite a few numbers from their Black that they were using when they spoofed it, but Cyan advanced it even further than they had anticipated.

I finally got the update, and I skipped Denim entirely and went straight to the GDR2 update. Not sure why exactly, but it's not what I expected.

It wasn't Emerald as I'd hoped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20150110_0002.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	93414

I think I've been insulted.

(For those of you who don't know me, it's a joke. It's hard for me to make a post that's 100% serious most of the time.)
    Its still getting the internet talking about it though. Great publicity for it. But yes your right on the image quality. Hard to verify something that does look photoshopped.
    rhapdog likes this.
    01-10-2015 09:33 PM
    http://www.neowin.net/news/denim-may...dows-10-mobile

I think my prediction was a solid analysis because some sites think the same. Sorry but Emerald doesn't seem to see any light at all, ever. Still, can't wait for windows 10 mobile!
    01-12-2015 08:01 AM
    Consider that Denim is bundled with 8.1.1 (or 8.1 GDR 1) Official.

Consider that the Preview for Developers has gone way past 8.1.1 in terms of updates.

Consider that Firmware always comes bundled with Official.

We should then see at least one more GDR (2) with a Firmware bundle before the changeover to Windows 10 Mobile.
    01-12-2015 08:37 AM

Consider that the Preview for Developers has gone way past 8.1.1 in terms of updates.

We should then see at least one more GDR (2) with a Firmware bundle before the changeover to Windows 10 Mobile.

I don't know if I understood you correclty but, Lumia Denim comes with the last PfD software version (8.10.14219.341).
    01-12-2015 08:42 AM

What is the latest build of the PfD?

Also consider that some / all 930's did get 8.1.1 (8.10.14157.200) without official firmware.

Consider that some Lumia's got Denim but had no change in firmware at all.

Consider that maybe the PfD build is higher (although post before states it's the same as Denim 8.10.14219.341) they don't have to release it as official software thus no new firmware. Microsoft is already going weird regarding Lumia updates so everything is possible.
    01-12-2015 08:53 AM
58 123