Is Lumia Emerald on the way?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the firmware announcement, but I do believe (actually, hope) that Update 2 can be announced soon, probably even on the 21st Jan event. I'm almost sure Update 2 exists since I saw records of it on bluetooth.org (http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...DL.cfm?qid=25281&wp+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=md, the page is not accessible anymore though).

The Update 1 appeared on PfD when Cyan was yet rolling out (beginning of August, Cyan started rolling out in mid July 2014).

Anyway I'm eagerly waiting for the new Lumia Camera ;)

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Updates can be discontinued too (like wp8.2) so don't get your hopes up. But yeah, first we (still) have to wait for Denim. Can't wait any longer! I saw that in my country a few more devices got the update already, but it were only low end devices and the 1320...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There is talk of a Windows Phone 8.1.2 out there on the horizon (judging by this website, at least), and Emerald would fit the naming scheme... but yeah. Denim was our Christmas gift. We shouldn't be greedy.

Can you really call it a Christmas gift when so many of us aren't going to have it within a MONTH of Christmas' having passed?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Amber and black are not blue and they were early Lumia firmware releases.

Amber and Black were pre-WP 8.1. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Microsoft's code name for 8.1 was Blue. Then every firmware since 8.1 (Cyan and Denim) were shades of blue.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Amber and Black were pre-WP 8.1. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Microsoft's code name for 8.1 was Blue. Then every firmware since 8.1 (Cyan and Denim) were shades of blue.

Then what should Emerald be named according to the ABC sequence and the blue code :p Don't know if there is a shade of blue that starts with an E...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh screw you guys. I'm still waiting for fraking BLACK, or anything higher. Damn T-Mobile and my 810.

Well you don't have to stick with what they (T-Mo) offer. Get an Unlocked. There are many that will fit right in with T-Mo Towers. PM me if you want some research help.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
No sooner has Lumia denim been released and most of the US still waiting on Cyan, the internet is a buzz with reports that the next firmware release is going to be Lumia Emerald.

This all started a few weeks back with a screenshot of extras + info showing the green banner "Lumia Emerald". Is this to be believed or another hoax / urban legend?

Rumoured release late Jan to late February 2015.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app

Would you please clarify how "most of the US is waiting on Cyan?" Last I checked the obligatory VZW crowd was whining how they were the only ones stiffed on Cyan and VZW is now already on Denim (other than the Icon which is due this month). Please list all of those phones waiting on Cyan....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Also, if shades of blue were for 8.1, then perhaps shades of green are for 8.2? Perhaps the Emerald will arrive with either 8.2 or 10.

I never realized it was going alphabetically before. Probably because I didn't come on until Cyan. Was still on Windows Mobile 5.0. :D

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well you don't have to stick with what they (T-Mo) offer. Get an Unlocked. There are many that will fit right in with T-Mo Towers. PM me if you want some research help.
I'm going to wait till the next round of Lumia's come out. Then I'm going jump ships.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait till the next round of Lumia's come out. Then I'm going jump ships.

Yeah... I just took my Factory Unlocked 1520.3 off T-MoUS and to AT&T style Straight Talk. Saving money, better signal lock indoors and better regional coverage when I leave town.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
In many cases the problem is not how fast the updates are, rather the fact that no matter how many updates they push through the OS (especially the versions pushed in Asian markets) never fix issues. If you think that Office still can't be used, that email app still won't allow you to interact with part of the text that the browser keeps not showing pages properly, that there are missing keyboards and a ton of other issues, you'll understand that updates adding two functions at a time (none of which relevant to fix key issues) are not really interesting.
People are getting tired to live with experimental phones: Windows Phone Loses Users in Almost Every Single Big Market - Softpedia

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Would you please clarify how "most of the US is waiting on Cyan?" Last I checked the obligatory VZW crowd was whining how they were the only ones stiffed on Cyan and VZW is now already on Denim (other than the Icon which is due this month). Please list all of those phones waiting on Cyan....
Google it. That's where I got my info. What's VZW?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes but the way it was said it implied that "all" of the Lumia firmware releases were "all" named based on the blue theme. There was no clarity on which firmware release was being referred to pre or post 8.1

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Remember that B was Bittersweet Shimmer before it was called Black.

List of colors: A-F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One word colors staring with E (assuming they stick with one word colors)

• ⬛Ebony
  • ⬛Ecru
  • ⬛Eggplant
  • ⬛Eggshell
  • ⬛Emerald
  • ⬛Eminence
  • ⬛Eucalyptus
I guess Eucalyptus is kinda blue...But I imagine MS will keep it simple with either Emerald or Ebony.

I would like ebony. Sounds earthy and pure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)