Is Lumia Emerald on the way?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the screenshot for Lumia Emerald on that site again. Blurry (to keep you from seeing if it has been photoshop edited.)

Also, look at the version numbers on everything. Most are either the same or lower than version numbers I have on Lumia Cyan. Not even up to Denim standards. Except for the Spam Filter, which was increased to 2.0.0.0. I guess they felt the need to edit something. They probably advanced quite a few numbers from their Black that they were using when they spoofed it, but Cyan advanced it even further than they had anticipated.

I finally got the update, and I skipped Denim entirely and went straight to the GDR2 update. Not sure why exactly, but it's not what I expected.

It wasn't Emerald as I'd hoped.
wp_ss_20150110_0002.png

I think I've been insulted.

(For those of you who don't know me, it's a joke. It's hard for me to make a post that's 100% serious most of the time.)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the screenshot for Lumia Emerald on that site again. Blurry (to keep you from seeing if it has been photoshop edited.)

Also, look at the version numbers on everything. Most are either the same or lower than version numbers I have on Lumia Cyan. Not even up to Denim standards. Except for the Spam Filter, which was increased to 2.0.0.0. I guess they felt the need to edit something. They probably advanced quite a few numbers from their Black that they were using when they spoofed it, but Cyan advanced it even further than they had anticipated.

I finally got the update, and I skipped Denim entirely and went straight to the GDR2 update. Not sure why exactly, but it's not what I expected.

It wasn't Emerald as I'd hoped.
View attachment 93414

I think I've been insulted.

(For those of you who don't know me, it's a joke. It's hard for me to make a post that's 100% serious most of the time.)

Its still getting the internet talking about it though. Great publicity for it. But yes your right on the image quality. Hard to verify something that does look photoshopped.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Consider that Denim is bundled with 8.1.1 (or 8.1 GDR 1) Official.

Consider that the Preview for Developers has gone way past 8.1.1 in terms of updates.

Consider that Firmware always comes bundled with Official.

We should then see at least one more GDR (2) with a Firmware bundle before the changeover to Windows 10 Mobile.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Consider that the Preview for Developers has gone way past 8.1.1 in terms of updates.

We should then see at least one more GDR (2) with a Firmware bundle before the changeover to Windows 10 Mobile.

I don't know if I understood you correclty but, Lumia Denim comes with the last PfD software version (8.10.14219.341).

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

What is the latest build of the PfD?

Also consider that some / all 930's did get 8.1.1 (8.10.14157.200) without official firmware.

Consider that some Lumia's got Denim but had no change in firmware at all.

Consider that maybe the PfD build is higher (although post before states it's the same as Denim 8.10.14219.341) they don't have to release it as official software thus no new firmware. Microsoft is already going weird regarding Lumia updates so everything is possible.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What is the latest build of the PfD?

Also consider that some / all 930's did get 8.1.1 (8.10.14157.200) without official firmware.

Consider that some Lumia's got Denim but had no change in firmware at all.

Consider that maybe the PfD build is higher (although post before states it's the same as Denim 8.10.14219.341) they don't have to release it as official software thus no new firmware. Microsoft is already going weird regarding Lumia updates so everything is possible.
Uhhhhhh - Denim IS Firmware. . . .

8.10.14219.341 is the OS -- Version 8.1.1

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Uhhhhhh - Denim IS Firmware. . . .

8.10.14219.341 is the OS -- Version 8.1.1

Start reading on the forums before uhhh me. On a few Lumia phones like the 520, Lumia Denim even didn't provide any new firmware as the firmware version stayed the same, and that can be confirmed by the Lumia update availability page and many people how already got Denim. For them it only brought a new OS version.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Start reading on the forums before uhhh me. On a few Lumia phones like the 520, Lumia Denim even didn't provide any new firmware as the firmware version stayed the same, and that can be confirmed by the Lumia update availability page and many people how already got Denim. For them it only brought a new OS version.
Uhhh PfD had a well known bug that misreported the Firmware version in the extras & info app. The Firmware didn't change -- just the name, which is why the firmware version # didn't change. The OS version would show the current PfD number. OS enhancements that required Denim wouldn't function, because contrary to what was reported by e&i, the firmware remained whatever the user had prior to PfD (Most likely Black).

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh PfD had a well known bug that misreported the Firmware version in the extras & info app. The Firmware didn't change -- just the name, which is why the firmware version # didn't change. The OS version would show the current PfD number. OS enhancements that required Denim wouldn't function, because contrary to what was reported by e&i, the firmware remained whatever the user had prior to PfD (Most likely Black).
And with firmware I don't mean the name 'Cyan' or 'Denim' (and yes I am aware of that bug) but the FIRMWARE VERSION. Look at the firmware version of a Lumia 520 with Denim and one 520 still on cyan. The firmware stayed the same, so Denim only updated the OS for the 520.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwp8-availability-in-europe%2F&token=0BDMIJ-o

An example :

Lumia 520 on cyan: OS: 8.10.12393.890 FW: 3058.50000.1425.0004

Lumia 520 on Denim: OS: 8.10.14219.341
FW: 3058.50000.1425.0004

I also wasn't talking about PFD but just the official updates... I only asked what the latest PFD build was because RumoredNow stated that the PfD build was higher as the latest stable os build (to get clear).

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Central

Quoting from the above:
What’s the difference between this and the official update?

There are technically two parts when it comes to official updates:

1. An OS update aka Windows Phone 8.1 build xxxx.xxxx
  2. A firmware update specific for your phone and carrier (if sold through one)
The OS update is universal; it works across all devices and, for all intents and purposes the Preview for Developers is the same OS update as the official release. This is not a beta version of the OS.
The one difference is the Preview for Developers does not include new firmware.
All the firmware does is enable some device-specific functions, most notably new camera improvements on Nokia devices or the new SensorCore APIs, which will come with the Lumia Cyan update. With the OS update though, you’ll still get 100% of the all the 8.1 features announced, you’ll just keep your current firmware.
What happens when 8.1 officially rolls out for your phone and carrier?

Basically, nothing. Nothing in the good sense. Your phone will get the same update, but unless the OS is different, the only thing that will be updated is your firmware. After the update, you’ll be on the same page as everyone else.

Now there is a lot of confusion getting multiplied; because the firmware does not bring features to most Lumia's in the Denim round (and thus no advance in the Firmware revision number) - and compounded by a glitch where extras + info reads Denim or Cyan depending on the P4D App being toggled on or off.

It was always stated quite clearly that Firmware is not (and can not possibly be) a part of the Preview for Developers.

What are they pushing in the P4D updates? Changes to the core OS. P4D is one OTA push for all devices at once. Firmware is tailored for each and every device. For Firmware you need an OTA push on a device by device basis. Never mind what it does or does not bring you. How can you get around that logic?

Saying that a generic, one-size-fits-all update brings you specific-for-your-hardware updates makes no sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo