Odd behavior from email+action center...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So guys I have a Lumia 635 and I've noticed a graphical oddity; whenever I receive an email (any email, from either icloud or outlook) and I choose to open it from the action center, once I'm done reading whatever the email is I typically delete it. When I do this, for a split second after the email goes away there are quite a number of little search icons (magnifying glasses) evenly spread across a black screen. It has always done this ever since I got the device. It's one of those "little" issues that seem to become more pronounced the more I see it happen. It only lasts for about 1/8-1/4 of a second and it only happens when I open the email directly from the action center (without opening the email app) after receiving it but my ocd is killing me with it. Am I alone, or is this a known issue?

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Never happened to my 630 DS.
Does the navigation bar look okay during this? That search icon is from the navigation bar.

When we tap the "back" button, the email (or any app) closes with the "fly away" transition. It could be that it's not occurring correctly and that search icon covers up the whole screen.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Never happened to my 630 DS.
Does the navigation bar look okay during this? That search icon is from the navigation bar.

When we tap the "back" button, the email (or any app) closes with the "fly away" transition. It could be that it's not occurring correctly and that search icon covers up the whole screen.

Well that's the thing if I open the email app and look at my email it closes just fine. It only happens when I open an email directly through the toast notification or if I tap on the specific email in action center, it does that. To answer your question the nav bar is always present even throughout the odd animation.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss