Why isn't my Archos Cesium 40 able to upgrade to Windows phone 8.1 update 1 ,2 , 3?

Marwan Abdel-aziz

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
why my archos cesium 40 can not be upgrade to windows phone 8.1 update 1 ,2 , 3

am an old user for nokia lumia 520 its so gr8 phone and easy to update . since i buy this archos i cant do update and still in his v 8.10.12400.899
i need to upgrade to 8.10.14219.341 or higher
HELP NEEDED

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why my archos cesium 40 can not be upgrade to windows phone 8.1 update 1 ,2 , 3

Have you asked this question on the Archos support forums? They'll probably know more than most people about this.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: why my archos cesium 40 can not be upgrade to windows phone 8.1 update 1 ,2 , 3

Have you tried installing the Preview for Developers App? In most cases, installing this app (and enabling your phone to receive preview for developer updates in the app) will allow your phone to receive OS updates before they are officially released.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried installing the Preview for Developers App? In most cases, installing this app (and enabling your phone to receive preview for developer updates in the app) will allow your phone to receive OS updates before they are officially released.

I am sorry to say, but this is probably the only way to get resent updates.
I had a archos tablet once, despite the reputation about these things it was a darn good tablet.
But suport was not one of there strongest point.
Knowing Archos it could be a long whait.
I have beeing looking for the OP on the website and could not even find the propper manual for his phone.

For a direct answer...........
Update 1 for WP8.1 is just being released.
So update 2 and 3 is stil far far away.
The reason why you cant update your phone is that Archos didnt released or pushed the update.
So the big question is when or wil they release those updates.
Your gues in this is as good as mine.
You have two choises, wait and hope for the best.
Or join the preview.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro