The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    New to windows phone. bought an htc m8 about a month ago. Been with android for over four years and thought I'd give it a shot.
    First thing I notice is that the app store is a mess. Reminds me of google play in the early years, but much worse.
    I have been trying to find a basic password app that lets me store passwords. I don't want anything that requires me to login to a 3rd party location. not trying to sync between multiple devices.
    I also am looking for a turn by turn nav app that gives me traffic and reroute info on the fly. This is much needed where I live and googles built in app was an A+ in this area. I can do a workaround in the short term if MS is working on something from the ground up.

Phone thoughts:
    I like the interface a lot. I know its new and needs time but please get working apps. Trying to find apps is near impossible. Most reviews stopped by August of 2014. Don't understand why.

Any help to get me fluid with this phone would be a great help.

I love Cortana. Not perfect, but better than Siri and Android hands down.
    01-11-2015 07:54 AM
    If u had Lumia then Here Drive would have have came auto installed and wld offer u lifetime free navigation that's unmatched but since its not available for HTC phones at the moment this article would help.
    Stay the course with these top Windows Phone navigation apps | Windows Central
    Not sure about password but this might help too.
    Password Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    01-11-2015 08:13 AM
    I've used CoPilot as a turn by turn but it's not cheap.
    CoPilot? USA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    I use Password Padlock as a password manager. It can store or backup your passwords to OneDrive, but that isn't a requirement. I use it to sync my Surface and WP passwords and it works well.

Welcome to WP!
    Last edited by badcat; 01-11-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    01-11-2015 08:53 AM
    I also am looking for a turn by turn nav app that gives me traffic and reroute info on the fly.
    Here Drive is good in this respect, and I believe it can be installed even on non-Lumia phones. In the UK it has the added bonus of telling me the name of the next road I need to turn into rather than simply telling me to "turn left in three hundred metres."

Navmii is free, and used Open Street Maps for it's navigation, so it is sometimes inaccurate with its directions. But it's generally no better or worse then Here Drive.
    01-11-2015 10:25 AM
    The best turn by turn navi with a lot of extras is Waze in my opinion. A crowd sourced navi with users reporting incidents and changes live.

As for a good password manager, I use 1password. Not sure if you can force it to use local storage, but you could check it out.

-KJ
    01-13-2015 07:01 AM