Can we project Windows phones to computers wirelessly?

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
can we project windows phones to computers wirelessly?

i wanted to ask whether we can project for example lumia 730 to a PC wirelessly, i know how to do it by a USB but wirelessly would be better for recording videos with sound, is there any way?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: can we project windows phones to computers wirelessly?

You have project my Screen in settings. I dunno if wireless projection is available for 730 but when u open it you will see a message if its not supported.
It needs Miracast support to work not sure if 730 supports it(I know 930 and 1520 does though).

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

lumia 730 has miracast support, but i wanted to know that with USB we can project any windows phone to PC, but the miracast supported phones like 1520,930,830,730,535 can we project to a computers screen without USB?

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

i cant use the lumia beamer app because it only projects a single image, i wanna record games which i play on my lumia 730, but it doesnt project sound to Pc if we do projection via USB to my computer, so i wanted to know that is there any other way to project sound too with my screen and record it while playing via computer.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i cant use the lumia beamer app because it only projects a single image, i wanna record games which i play on my lumia 730, but it doesnt project sound to Pc if we do projection via USB to my computer, so i wanted to know that is there any other way to project sound too with my screen and record it while playing via computer.
Hmm, you probably need a pc that supports miracast. Maybe a miracast dongle would be useful

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Actually lumia beamer projects the screen......photobeamer projects the images they are two different apps. You should try it

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Photobeamer: Displays photos to any modern device with a web browser.

Lumia Beamer: Similar, but can project your display live, although there is significant latency.

Miracast: Built into modern 8.1 hardware and WP8.1, you need a Miracast enabled phone and receiving device. (meaning my older Lumia and laptop are both out-of-the-question)

I believe a Miracast dongle should be all you need, but I'm not personally familiar enough with the technology to say for sure.

Stuperior

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if the 830 has wireless miracast support please?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So, I just ordered the Actiontec Screenbeam Mini2 off of Amazon for $39.99. It has all the Miracast and Wi-Di needed for this stuff. I'll be streaming wirelessly for my Flex 10 Win8.1 setup, my Lumia 630 and from this Android tab I ordered too. The Microsoft dongle goes for $69.99 there. I should have my package Tuesday. I will let you all know how well it works.

Last edited:

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

Every windows phone 8.1 supports miracast, but only those which comes pre-installed WP8.1

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Most recent laptops and wireless cards already have Miracast support in Windows. Thus if your phone supports it (which it most probably does) you could install a Miracast server on your computer and then project your screenn using "Project My Screen" from you phone. Check out this software for your PC: AirServer - AirPlay, Mirroring and Miracast receiver for Mac OS X and Windows PC It isn't free but not really expensive, and it has a Demo. It even has a recording feature which seems is what you want.

With this you can effectively project your phone to your computer wirelessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss