True caller callerID feature not working even after Denim update

SiriuS_r3d

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I installed truecaller after Denim update. Seems the caller ID feature is not working in my Lumia 822. Tried reset the phone and reinstalling the app. still no go. But the app shows caller id feature works on any lumia devices with Cyan update. But even after denim update its not working. any solution ??

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed truecaller after Denim update. Seems the caller ID feature is not working in my Lumia 822. Tried reset the phone and reinstalling the app. still no go. But the app shows caller id feature works on any lumia devices with Cyan update. But even after denim update its not working. any solution ??

According to the app description either 3G or WiFi connection is required. Have you checked if you're using one of these?

SiriuS_r3d

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Both 3G and wifi are always enabled. Sorry I didn't mention that before. The problem is the option is greyed out saying device requires cyan update. Well I am on denim now.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Both 3G and wifi are always enabled. Sorry I didn't mention that before. The problem is the option is greyed out saying device requires cyan update. Well I am on denim now.

Hmm.. I have no idea what the devs do in order to determine which firmware you're using. They might probably check for an exact firmware version number or something. In this case denim wouldn't match, hence the error. I would just sent them an email, if I were you.

Kamran Mamedi

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey all!

It's Kamran here, from Truecaller. We are still looking into this issue but there is one solution that has been working for a lot of users. Note that we do not support "Developer preview".

Here are the steps:

- Re-install Truecaller and setup your account.
- Truecaller will ask to enable caller id, press “ok”. Then close TC.
- Go to WP-store and install “Gesture Beta app” and set it up. Then close it.
- Last step is to open Truecaller and the caller id should be enabled and be working fine.

Revert back with feedback please.

Best regards,
Kamran

Mohammad Kapadia

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey Kamran,

After installing Gesture Beta app also it is not working on my Lumia 640 XL. I am trying to enable it from setting and for instance it gets enabled. As soon as I go back and return to setting its status is disabled.

Kindly fix.

Regards,
Mohammad.

HialeahPaul

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
TrueCaller caller ID feature works just fine on my Lumia 640. The biggest problem I find is the phone number database it uses contains many errors.

varma_vikas

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey all!

It's Kamran here, from Truecaller. We are still looking into this issue but there is one solution that has been working for a lot of users. Note that we do not support "Developer preview".

Here are the steps:

- Re-install Truecaller and setup your account.
- Truecaller will ask to enable caller id, press ?ok?. Then close TC.
- Go to WP-store and install ?Gesture Beta app? and set it up. Then close it.
- Last step is to open Truecaller and the caller id should be enabled and be working fine.

Revert back with feedback please.

Best regards,
Kamran

No Kamran,,,still not working...
Lumia 640 xl lte

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven