Data sense restricting BG data ON WIFI?!?!, WTH

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
So, for the first time i've managed to trigger my data sense limit in which bg data got restricted.
OK i say, when i get back to the office via wifi everything will work through there... BZZZ wrong...
i'm connected via wifi and i still can't use whatsapp, wth is going on?!?!?

?WHY is there such a massive bug present?, if i'm via wifi why is it still restricting BG data, i don't want this, this is not working as intended, when you connect via wifi all limits must lift until wifi loses connectivity, that's why data sense is for CELLULAR DATA.
So, when is this bug going to get fixed or what i can i do short of killing the "data sense" which is clearly not smart and not sensing jack

i'm on WP8.1 btw

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
whatsapp does not use cell data only, it uses the main one you select and wifi has priority.
(in symbian you could chose priority in the app).

i had to disable data sense and it started working VIA WIFI, ridiculous

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Whelp, now it stopped working completely.
Also Data sense is not working correctly regardless of whatsapp, it restricts BG data EVEN ON WIFI, WTH...

for example: mail account, with BG data restriction it stops synching in BG EVEN ON WIFI, the second i turned the restriction off a ton of mails started showing up. tha'ts clearly a bug, data sense whould not restrict ANYTHING when a viable wifi link is detected as all traffic goes there and does not count towards any limit

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
that BG limit and data sense is for CELLULAR DATA ONLY, when you're on wifi ALL LIMITS SHOULD BE DISABLED.

i managed to get whatsapp working by disabling mobile data completely, this is beyond dumb...

how do i file a bug report with MS for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs