Can i get some help migrating apps and content to a new SD card?

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Migrating apps and content to new SD card

On WP8.1, if you migrate to a new SD card, do you need to reinstall everything? I have a new SD card I want to upgrade to. I can just copy-paste the media and the document files. But what about the apps?

There is this WPSystem folder in my SD card which takes up around 7 gigabytes. Copy-pasting that to the new SD card will do the job?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Migrating apps and content to new SD card

No apps you can not copy past. What you can do is move the apps to internal memory with storage sense and after that move them back to your new SD card.
And as you already indicated the rest you can copy past.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not know what phone you have but and what you put on the internal memory put if you can "store" some on your pc you have more space which you can use for apps.
If you are in to games and want to keep the scores get these on the internal memory. and the rest you have to download again.

What you also can do is make a back up in SETTINGS. from your apps+settings and text messages.
Copy what you need from your internal memory to your computer.
Get your old SD card out your phone and place the new card.
Start your phone and do a factory reset.
And during the set-up reinstall the back up.
Then all apps will be again reloaded.
And after than copy the files etc from your old to your new SD card.

Arul Prakash

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Move apps to phone memory and then replace your memory card. Again move your apps to sd card . That's only way you can replace your memory card

socheatsok78

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Migrating apps and content to new SD card

I have a way to move everything including apps from SD card to new one. I'll show you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa