Screen doesn't dim enough

spuddy_spud_spud

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.. Does anyone know if the brightness setting cant be put even lower? My L930 doesn't go dim enough sometimes. I've seen iphone go really dim, almost so you cant see the screen. Mine is blinding at night on its lowest settings... I've changed both screen brightness, and changed the colour profile...

Any ideas if its way the screen works, and that's as dim as I goes, or is it a software thing...

Cheers!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You can adjust it even further with the brightness profile under settings/display. Basically this is where you set what the High, Med, and Low brightness levels are. Try it and let us know...

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.. Does anyone know if the brightness setting cant be put even lower? My L930 doesn't go dim enough sometimes. I've seen iphone go really dim, almost so you cant see the screen. Mine is blinding at night on its lowest settings... I've changed both screen brightness, and changed the colour profile...

Any ideas if its way the screen works, and that's as dim as I goes, or is it a software thing...

Cheers!

I had same issue. Even when tweaking auto brightness and low setting. The 930 has a poor minimum brightness vs other windows phone and even the 1020 which also has amoled. You can see the ratings and screen break down on phonearena.com

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Under Display Settings, have you tried adjusting your brightness profile? (I actually really appreciate this feature of WP8.1). I believe you first have to have the screen brightness set to something other than auto to be able to see the Brightness Profile option under Settings > Display to adjust the profiles for Low, Medium and High. I have my Low set to the minimum, Medium just slightly above the middle setting and my High setting a tiny bit below the maximum. I generally leave the brightness on Auto adjust and have found these settings to be ideal for me under almost all circumstances (expect for when I occasionally see the need to blow someone away with the performance of this L1520 display, and I manually set it to high!)

wp_ss_20150118_0001.jpg

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Under Display Settings, have you tried adjusting your brightness profile? (I actually really appreciate this feature of WP8.1). I believe you first have to have the screen brightness set to something other than auto to be able to see the Brightness Profile option under Settings > Display to adjust the profiles for Low, Medium and High. I have my Low set to the minimum, Medium just slightly above the middle setting and my High setting a tiny bit below the maximum. I generally leave the brightness on Auto adjust and have found these settings to be ideal for me under almost all circumstances (expect for when I occasionally see the need to blow someone away with the performance of this L1520 display, and I manually set it to high!)

View attachment 94156

As mentioned even at lowest setting after manually tweaking it is still way to bright at night on the 930 😞
The screen has an average minimum brightness rating.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 94156

As mentioned, even at lowest setting (after manually tweaking) it is still way too bright at night on the 930 :(
The screen has an average minimum brightness rating. The weird thing is it rated slightly higher than the 1020 but I had both devices and the 1020 went much dimmer than the 930. Kind of weird. Perhaps a firmware bug?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned, even at lowest setting (after manually tweaking) it is still way too bright at night on the 930 :(
The screen has an average minimum brightness rating. The weird thing is it rated slightly higher than the 1020 but I had both devices and the 1020 went much dimmer than the 930. Kind of weird. Perhaps a firmware bug?

Could be the device... My 1520 feels adequately dimmed on the lowest setting.

jmkid

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
With my HTC One M8, I noticed that the brightness varies with the manual setting even in automatic mode. For example, if I turn off Auto, set the brightness to Low, then turn Auto back on, the screen is less bright than setting it to Med or High before turning Auto back on.

J_Pod

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
With my HTC One M8, I noticed that the brightness varies with the manual setting even in automatic mode. For example, if I turn off Auto, set the brightness to Low, then turn Auto back on, the screen is less bright than setting it to Med or High before turning Auto back on.

I have the same problem on my Blu Win HD LTE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa